ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
A
Hi Keith,
Could this be an opportunity for the electrical engineering students to work with their industrial design peers who may have useful skills in CAD and 3D printing?
Andy
-
A
Bob, I'm using H0. I can see the advantages of N, as you can do so much more in a restricted space. Do you have some idea of what you would like to build?
Andy
-
A
Hello to all of you,
I have been a member for a while, but not particularly active in either the forum, or on layout construction. I have a 4x8 Layout in progress* based on the Rock Island and Moline layout in Wescott's track plan book.
Andy
*a very liberal interpretation of the word.;)
-
A
You should have no problem at all with the locomotives on the track as the actual voltage fed into the motor and electronics from the rails is fairly standard on the various scales across the world.
The only difficulty would be using a throttle/transformer/controller designed for 220-240v that...
-
A
Hi Jim,
This has probably been tried before, but would a standard white smoke generator with some blue lights from above the platforms work? I haven't tried this out myself, as I don't happen to have any blue lights lying around the place.
I think the prototype made use of an English...
-
A
Steve,
Is that the same old 'lady' that Billy Butlins had at Minehead?
Andy
-
A
Crikey Jim,
That billboard is really excellent work, and it captures the moment perfectly! I can even remember taking the train to go and see that film at the ABC in Walsall at some point in the past. If my memory serves me right, New Street was quite a smelly, smokey dingy place. Perhaps you...
-
A
I no longer have any Hornby equipment, but I do have a small amount of Fleischmann and Lima rolling stock. From what I can see in your photos, the quality of Hornby seems to have increased considerably in the last twenty years.
I have a vague plan to build a small layout based on the ex-GWR...
-
A
Greetings.
I am very new to this hobby. I bought some E-Z track as it is ideal for setting up a temporary layout on the floor until I can get around to developing a layout in the basement.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)