ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
4
Thanks, I didn't intend for the autorack to be so dirty. As you mentioned most are not that dirty, however, when I realized I had gone a bit too far with some of the dirt I looked for a new picture to guide me. I had been using a less dirty example to follow. I did find a fair number of...
-
4
Thanks, that's a good idea. The light in the basement is pretty bad. Looking to get my airbrush up and running this week so I can do a couple things with that.
-
4
Two recently weathered pieces of rolling stock. The Railbox is done with chalks and the Autorack is mostly chalks with some paint used. I used graffiti decals on the auto rack.
What'dya think?
-
4
Hi guys,
I just got a new Macbook Pro. I bought it so I could run the backdrop biz while on the road for work but I am also hoping tun XtrakCad on it to design parts of the new layout.
Unfortunately, the XtrakCad seems to be having a problem running on my Lion operating system. i was...
-
4
Hey Motley, the backdrop looks nice
-
4
Hey Mark how goes it. I will check out the kit. Selective compression is a great tool for this hobby. I am looking to probably model Arrow Gas. It is right off the mainline and while not actually served by rail I can fit it in.
How goes your model?
-
4
Hey guys,
Been working on the new yard for last couple of weeks. Here's just about the final version. Only thing I think will be changed is the lead from the branch will come from further to the back to allow a greater radius into the yard. Right now the intermodals derail and the center...
-
4
Haven't updated this in awhile I guess. My buddy is coming by in a couple days to design and likely build the yard and interchange with the main line. Hopefully having a yard will make the layout a little more usable for operations soon.
I am looking to put in a propane dealer. It will...
-
4
for my displays at train shows, i display my backdrops, I use a length of wood with a slot for a piece of masonite. Then I put trains on the forward portion of the wood. The masonite has a backdrop glued to it and is easily slid in and out of the slot which was simply cut with a table saw...
-
4
Hey Mike, hadn't seen you on here before. The original idea looks neat but complicated. I have been finding on my own shelf layout that I design it to require many moves, but then i am bothered by the fact that it is inefficient. So, I end up re-designing it to make it simpler. For instance...
-
4
Guess its been awhile since I posted in here. The layout hasn;t had a lot of work done. The backdrop business keeps me pretty busy as does the one year old.
I am working on the yard on the other side of the basement. All the plans I come up with allow plenty of storage tracks but where...
-
4
Hey 92er, Congrats on the new child. Seems like a fair trade actually. She gets a new kid and you get a new train room. Wonder if that'll work if we have another. Since our boy was born I have had almost no time for my layout, glad you are getting some work done it looks great so far.
-
4
So a lot has changed with the way I make the backdrops. I now have my own printer for printing rolls up to 100" long. It also means I can order the paper I want. They have a great matte paper that I use for my backdrops and the ones I sell. It has been really popular. I also shot a new...
-
4
Well that's interesting and maybe a neat thing to model occasionally.
Thanks
-
4
So I have been paying attention to the prototype I am looking to model (The Berskshire Sub) of CSX line between Boston and Albany. I have noticed the Amtrak service that d=goes through. I think it is a part of the Lakeshore Limited but not certain. Anyway, I notice it often runs with three...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)