ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
3
Can someone out there tell me what devices are used to connect multiple blocks and switches to my transformer. Is one called a bus? I need something that will handle up to eight blocks and twelve switches.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks folks
3030rick
-
3
Thanks for the info about 1;43 and 1:50 scale. Should work out fine.
3030rick
-
3
I'm having some difficulty in finding 1:48 scale vehicles for my O Gauge layout. Any suggestions as to good sources?
Thanks
3030rick
-
3
Can anybody tell me if the gargraves fit up blades will adapt to lionel 0 gauge switches? Also can other switch controllers be used on lionel switches? Appreciate any help here.
Thanks
3030rick
-
3
Jim: Great answer and thanks for the quick reply. I might try traction tires on just one loco if I don't run into the rivet/gear problem. Again thanks for the insight.
Rick
-
3
Can anybody give me an idea of where to purchase traction tires for some older post war lionel steamers. Also , I'm assuming that the tire only goes to one wheel on each side of the engine, the drive wheel. How do I dtermine which is the drive wheel?
Thanks for any help
3030Rick
-
3
i
I recently purchased a used lionel track cleaning car in great shape but wonder if I have all the cleaning parts. The instructions stste that there is some sort of removeable disc that holds the circular pad in place. On the borrom of the car there is a flat disk that looks about 1 1/2 inches...
-
3
Can anyone tell me the cause of switch chatter? I built an 0 gauge isolated scetion about thirty feet long with a reverse loop holding a lionel remote 0 42 switch. I am sending power through the track and not directly to the switch. As soon as I turn power up the switch chatters and will not...
-
3
I could use some info on track pieces needed to complete a 042 reverse loop. Is there a half curve needed to rejoin the loop back to the switch from the curve section? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
3030 rick
-
3
Is there such a thing as track conversion pins from 0 gauge to 027 ? I don't mean super 0. If so ,where can they be purchased?
Thanks
3030 rick
-
3
I Am Going To Scatch Build An 0 Gauge Coal Tipple And Was Wondering If Anybody Knows How I Would Purchase A Sound System For Such An Item. I Have Seen Them Advertised With Either Ready Builts Or Kits, But Not Sold Alone. Any Ideas?
Thanks 3030 Rick
-
3
Mth Offers Operating Coal Hoppers That "appear To Make Coal Disapear " Upon Operation. Can Anybody Tell Me How This Works? Then, How Does One Make The Coal Load Reappear ?
Thanks
3030rick
-
3
I Was Under The Impression That The Electrical Power Was Supplied By The Center Rail And That The Current Was Transfered To The Driver Wheels. The Wheels Themselves Look To Be In Good Shape. What About More Weight To The Engine ?
Thanks
Rick
-
3
MY OLD POST WAR 0 GAUGE LIONEL ENGINE IS HAVING TROUBLE PULLING JUST A 2 PERCENT GRADE. ISN'T THERE A PRODUCT OUT THERE THAT I CAN APPLY TO THE WHEELS TO HELP THE OLD LADY UP THE HILL? THIS ENGINE IS A #675 AND DOESN'T HAVE MAGNATRACTION. aLL MY OTHER ENGINES PULL THE GRADE WITH NO PROBLEM. i...
-
3
sidings off a grade
You answered my question perfectly. The station siding will be a local one with no other trackage involved, so I can make it parallel with the main track grade and as you say, adjust the station platform accordingly. Thanks for your help!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)