New profile posts

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Just finished my entry for the NMRBO-2021, or shall I say the deadline came. It probably could have been better but it was a fun run and helped me develop some scenery skills.
Do those Walthers container well cars have a metal weight that attaches to the bottoms to provide weight when car is unloaded?

Can those cars be run with a 53' container on the top of the 40 foot one?
I built the Central Valley double track Pratt bridge, done and painted now,,, only I know where the bodies (mistakes) are buried.
Just trying forums out, been messing with trains for many years. I am really looking for plans or instructions for a brass Pratt bridge, the name of kit is
MIcronart 1080, out of business now so I need the plans.
Primarily an HO Scale modeler. Dabble in some LGB Garden railroading on the side. Looking for tips and tricks to get some operations up and running.

Currently modeling a PRR non-prototypical layout.

NCE DCC Power Cab
Hi,This is Rupy here.Presently located in Colombo.Just got into model railways.Bought a Roco/Fleishmann HO 4-4-0 Steam Locmotive S 6 KPEV with decoder fitted and sound.Electrical supply is AC.I want someone to guide me to set it up.I have only the engine presently.-Thanks.
R
rupy
Can I use the decoder of this engine (AC)with a DCC ready electric locomotive?
Sherrel, Does something eventually happen with the all the "Likes" given? Should I be doing "Likes" also?

Mark
Hi this is William again. How are you?

I was just wondering if you got anymore information from your fellow about wiring LEDs to HO crossing gate lights, which is something I hope to start doing some time next year.
Rico
Rico
Hey!
Good to hear from you, hope all is well.
No I haven’t gotten in touch with him or anyone for that matter but the articles you’ve posted look like the same thing he did. I did find photos of his module tho:
The whole crazy bug thing has really changed social gatherings in the model train world!

rico
HOScaledWill
HOScaledWill
This bug changed everything! I've been trying to get a hold of NJ International but they're not responding. I hope they're okay and that their not mad at me! I say this because I asked if I could use a different flasher for my 1193 cantilever signal and I think one of them felt insulted! I called them on the phone and one of them didn't sound happy. It's a long story!
HOScaledWill
HOScaledWill
Thanks for the link by the way!
I was born within earshot of the Monon railroad in southern Indiana back in '54. I was lucky enough to be able to ride on the Monon's passenger train before their passenger service was dicontinued in 1967.
I think you should go back and edit the title on that subject thread "Thoughts". I almost missed it.
brian
JazzDad
JazzDad
What do you suggest, Brian?

Thanks.
Bret
There seems to be some interest in a tool forum section , There is an active thread on the subject you may want to read it and see if it is something there worthwhile .
I agree. I'll see what it is to mail it all to that zip code. If that price is reasonable then you can have the lot for that. Once you've gone through them if you feel like anything more is in order then you can share that but I'm mostly trying to not have them go to waste
JazzDad
JazzDad
My thought, exactly. I would hate to see it go to waste.
Hi Bob, I no longer have access to the site, Lloyd
Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
bob
bob
Should be fixed now (I hope). I changed permissions so you can edit the attachments, but something went wrong when I did.
I have a problem. I used to get forum updates on my phone with emails. Since your last update, I haven't received a single one. What happened?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.