Z SCALE Amtrak passenger set

idiot

The Micro Trains z scale Amtrak commuter set has 2 wheels trucks, BUT 83" passenger cars........what radius track would it run on without a lot of overhang? Is there a z scale Amtrak locomotive and passenger cars that will run on Rokuhan R220 or R195 curves? If not can you make one? :):):)

Is there a z scale Amtrak locomotive and passenger cars that will run on Rokuhan R220 or R195 curves? If not can you make one? :):):)
I'm not sure about Micro-Trains regarding Amtrak, but American Z Line (AZL) has some very nice Amtrak and other passenger possibilities, such as P42 or F3 or E8 locomotives with many different passenger cars and road names.

Good choice with using Rokuhan track since that gets good reviews and is easy to set up and take down. I'm working on building a Z layout with Atlas Z scale flex track.

I'm relatively new to Z scale, but I've seen that a minimum radius of 195 or 220mm is a typical minimum in Z for most of the modern locomotives and various rolling stock. Standards in Z have a separation of 1 inch between dual tracks and there isn't a problem with 195 or 220mm radiuses there. With long cars it looks better if you can aim for 245mm or more, but it's not necessary.

A few possible places that are excellent resources for these are www.azldirect.com or www.zscalemonster.com

Back