Your favorite shops?

madsphi

On my website Model Train Prices, I track what's available in ~170 shops. But I'm sure there's some great shops that I'm missing and that it would be useful to have added to my site.

So what's your favorite shops for checking out and buying rolling stock?

Thanks,
Mads

What's your website so we can see what's already there? I googled Model Train Prices and got 354 million sites and I didn't see you on the first two pages.
My favorite is a brick and mortar store in Addison TX known as Discount Model Trains. They carry way too much to list here, but have mostly N scale and HO scale on the shelves. A good selection of O scale and G scale are in stock, but there are many more items that they can order since the shelves are already full. Everything is 20% off MSRP. They do not do mail order or internet sales. Owner says they don't need to and there is no room to expand and put in a shipping department. Heck, they don't even have a website of their own.

Looks like mostly the European train stuff, Marklin, Roco, Fleischmann, Liliput, Hornby, etc. Nothing that would draw my attention.

Looks like mostly the European train stuff, Marklin, Roco, Fleischmann, Liliput, Hornby, etc. Nothing that would draw my attention.
Have to start somewhere :) I'm in Denmark, so started with European stuff. Will add brands popular in the US etc. later on.

So feel free to recommend both European shops and shops in the rest of the world, including the US.

Back