Your camera ROCKS because...........

I've got 2 dslr's. my xt is going on 3 years old and i just picked up the 40d.

Lotsa nice toys! And my brand too! May I ask why two DSLRs? Way back in film days I often carried around three Canon bodies with me, one each for B&W, color slides and color prints. Mostly just two though. With the versatility of DSLRs these days I've never had any thoughts of needing two at a time. I recently received a Rebel XTi body in the mail, sold my XT by chance the same day.

I do have other digitals, consider them my "walk around" cameras as my DSLR camera bag, while not as packed as yours, is fairly heavy and not all that convenient on inconspicuous most of the time. It contains my XTi with battery grip, Tamron 11-18mm, Tamron 18-200mm, Canon 100-300, 430EX flash, and the 18-55mm kit lens plus all of the accessories - it gets heavy! Lenses usually left at home are my Canon 28mm and 50mm, and Sigma 28-70mm.

I have a Canon Powershot S5 that is my favorite, with its 8MP, 36-432mm stabilized zoom and full manual capabilities. It with my 430EX flash and I've got most situations covered.

I also have a pocket sized Pentax Optio S60, pretty basic with 6MP and 3X zoom. Great for occasions like at our club's recent Xmas party, I had it in its pouch on my belt, out of sight and nothing to carry around.

My primary is a 5D, with the 10D as the backup body. I also have a Canon SD600 to carry in a pocket, just in case. I mainly use it when I want to shoot a video. Or, when we're out in the boonies and I have to go to the bathroom, I don't want to haul the camera with me.

You can be surprised how many times you hear a train coming as you're finishing up. No time to run to the car to grab the camera; just use the pocket one....

:D

Kennedy

Back