Yeow, COVID

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
Just getting back on my feet now. I was diagnosed with the COVID back on 27 April. Went downhill from there figuring I could tough it out at home here. Living by myself at age 72 I had nobody to say, "Hey, you're in trouble". Despite being in exceptional physical condition, I was in serious trouble and finally called the er nurse line. After a brief description she told me to call 911 for transport. I locked the house up and sat down on the front porch as the wagon came down the street at 2am. I must have passed out because the next I recall they were setting me back up from falling over into the shrubs. I passed out again on the way to the hospital. Had very low blood pressure and low oxygen levels. Further testing found viral pneumonia in both lungs. I was stabilized then numbers came back up to normal range and they sent me home after about 5 hours. With a little help from some folks I got passed the fever and insomnia. Big issue now is getting the pneumonia out of the lungs.
This has stifled my interest in running trains. I cancelled an op session I had planned for the 8th of May. Gotta get the house opened up to clear it of bad air. Really getting the urge to go back down there now. A close friend here said that's a true indicator of my health condition, getting back to running trains.

I am so sorry, KEN, You are so very lucky and the fact, since I met you before, that you were in great shape really helped.
GOD'S Speed, my friend!

Back