Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy gang! This location is quite an improvement over the last...with all of Chris's mess still sticking to the ceiling.:rolleyes:

Yesterday, around noon, we had a swarm of Hornets flying in all directions, up-down, and all around...F18 Hornets, that is. Yes, the "Blue Angels" announced to the area that they have arrived and doing well, with about a 3 hour practice for the Air Show tomorrow. The whole county was rumbling, but WOW what an exciting time. (Keep in mind that I live only 1/2 mile NE from the end of the runway.) Today the aerobatic teams are doing their practice thing.

I also got my new multi-focal eye contacts yesterday. This is the first time I have ever tried to wear contacts. After a lot of hit and miss attempts and worn determination , I finally was able to get them in and out and back in again. Amazingly, I can see near and distance as I could with my progressive lens glasses and can't even tell they are in my eyes. Fantastic...so far, and I hope it continues without any problem.

Adorable! Our Golden is 10 mos. old, and just a bundle of excitement.
Our two Goldens will be 2 years old next month. At times, they can be a hand-full with their energy, but are always a joy to have around...great campers too!:D

Mikey: William will flip-out when he sees that photo. He really has a thing for that style caboose.

Jim: Yeah, we had low 90's the last couple of days, but should go back to 70's this weekend. I haven't forgot about you coming up, I just had to get some things completed first so you can walk around without breaking your neck:D. Soon we can set a date. ;).

Hope all are doing well and have a GREAT DAY!:)

So Rex, you said, "I also got my new multi-focal eye contacts yesterday. This is the first time I have ever tried to wear contacts. After a lot of hit and miss attempts and worn determination , I finally was able to get them in and out and back in again. Amazingly, I can see near and distance as I could with my progressive lens glasses and can't even tell they are in my eyes. Fantastic...so far, and I hope it continues without any problem."

Does that mean that everything is now equally fuzzy?

I rode the motor to work yesterday morning and noticed some (actuaaly all) the signs were fuzzy, but I thought it was my old clip-on sunglasses.
I got to work, took off my helmet and realized I did not have ANY glasses on.
No wonder the world looked better!

Where did Spring go?? I almost blistered my tush when I got on the motor at lunch yesterday! I will appreciate some 70s Saturday when I do my Chris impression on the lawn.
Y'all have a great weekend! I bet Phillip in already to relax two-wheeling.

Yes,,, Black and steamy Chris ;)

Actually it's the 6233 Pacific "Duchess Of Sutherland" steam special, she's been out shopped in gleaming LMS black with red striping, she's a really sexy machine, the sexiest almost 80 year old i know :p

I'll get some pictures i hope

Howdy gang! This location is quite an improvement over the last...with all of Chris's mess still sticking to the ceiling.:rolleyes:

Yesterday, around noon, we had a swarm of Hornets flying in all directions, up-down, and all around...F18 Hornets, that is. Yes, the "Blue Angels" announced to the area that they have arrived and doing well, with about a 3 hour practice for the Air Show tomorrow. The whole county was rumbling, but WOW what an exciting time. (Keep in mind that I live only 1/2 mile NE from the end of the runway.) Today the aerobatic teams are doing their practice thing.

I also got my new multi-focal eye contacts yesterday. This is the first time I have ever tried to wear contacts. After a lot of hit and miss attempts and worn determination , I finally was able to get them in and out and back in again. Amazingly, I can see near and distance as I could with my progressive lens glasses and can't even tell they are in my eyes. Fantastic...so far, and I hope it continues without any problem.

Our two Goldens will be 2 years old next month. At times, they can be a hand-full with their energy, but are always a joy to have around...great campers too!:D

Mikey: William will flip-out when he sees that photo. He really has a thing for that style caboose.

Jim: Yeah, we had low 90's the last couple of days, but should go back to 70's this weekend. I haven't forgot about you coming up, I just had to get some things completed first so you can walk around without breaking your neck:D. Soon we can set a date. ;).

Hope all are doing well and have a GREAT DAY!:)

Rex...isn't it great to be "glassesless"? Don't know what I'd do without my contacts. I wore my glasses today for a change and they're driving me nuts!

Sounds like a good time with the Blue Angels. I love air shows, but for obvious reasons...prefer the Thunderbirds :D

My nephew, David ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes,,, you can't beat a good airshow on a nice sunny day. The UK's international air tattoo is brilliant, we get planes from all over the western world inc russia and the USA, brilliant stuff, the UK's Red Arrows just had a crash and lost 2 planes in Cyprus, both pilots ejected and were uninjured.

Anyway this is our new cat
th_sox1.jpg

ours sat on the floor and his buddy on the fence, he's not ours but they love each others company
th_cocoandsox.jpg

This is 12 hours worth of volcanic ash from Iceland 1000 miles away, in comparison is a lump of magma i picked up a few months ago from Lanzarote, it's the same basic stuff as in Iceland
th_ashandlava.jpg

hello all, looks like you moved on me again

not to much going on here, still looking at cars but not being really serious about it. probably go outside and play some basketball before dinner.

have a nice evening folks!

As some of you may have surmised by my absence here today I haven't been feeling well. Order of the day was to keep off my feet and stay in bed. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

SteveB What class is that steam engine in? It's trucking right along!

I'm off to take an elderly fellow in our neighbourhood to the mall so he can see some people up there---then I'll get some mall walking in and see some people myself--:D:D

Good morning. It's 70 and partly cloudy. The high is supposed to be 78 and it will be partly cloudy.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Not sure what was happening yesterday. I had almost no energy and just getting from one room to another was exhausting. No way was I even going to attempt going outside. I would have fallen down the steps like a sack of potatoes. Hopefully today will be much better. I still don't have much energy but I'm getting around much better. If I feel up to it I'll do some weathering work on a tank car. I have several that are just screaming for it. I have some medical costs that have to be taken care of, co-pays mostly, so the Digitrax DZ125 decoders for the two GP30's will have to wait possibly for a few more months. While certain family members will help me get a few locos and cars the electronics are out of the question. The sub-standard Bachmann decoders will have to do for now. Gotta look at getting me another car too. The tranny in mine is making a strange clicking noise in reverse and neutral. Getting the tranny replaced will cost as much as getting another car.

this evenings return working :D gotta wait a full week for the next trip, same loco again as well.
6233standish080510.jpg

No Andy, this was was at Butlins Ayre in Scotland, not sure what was at Minehead TBH. i have some brilliant video of this loco from the last 10 years on Hi8 format, still got to convert it yet so i can upload it to youtube

One of the best videos of 6233 i have seen click here

And i have to go out next week to watch it again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back