Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my temp is 101.2 (slightly high) and my blood pressure is 155 over 84 (again slightly high). I'm not feeling well so I'm getting off now and heading for the bed.

Thanx for the valentine, Sandy! XOXOXO:D

Well my friend Scott and I went to the WGH show in Atlanta this past Saturday, and while it was really good, it wasn't really great.:) I talked with several manufacturers about future releases and saw some pilot models. The new Athearn DD40ax looked phenomenal! The detail was outstanding. But I model mostly steam and a few 1st gen diesels. In talking with them they also said the only steam plans for now was upgrading and re-releasing the MDC old timer 2-8-0. Nothing in the way of more modern steam at the present.:( Otherwise, none of the dealers there had anything that I was needing, (metric screws, can motors, and code 70 rail).:mad: I did pickup a couple of things and even left with most of the money still in my pocket.

Was tired and in pain from all the standing, & walking around, and I had to take a pain pill halfway thru the show. We were there over 4 hours. So I spent Sunday just relaxing and testing more cars on the layout. Now I got a yard full of cars and still even more to test. I think that as I get them tested and ready to return to their boxes, I'll add them to the computer for future op sessions. Still haven't decided which program I'll use yet, but it shouldn't be too soon before I do decide. It won't matter much which one it is as I have to measure all tracks for their lengths anyway.:(

Yall have a good night as its finally time to go to bed. I have to get up in the morning to take Grandson to daycare. His momma gets mad at me if he doesn't get there in time for breakfast. Never mind if he just wants to sleep in or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
02/15/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:eek:

Good morning. It's sunny and 32 here. Yesterday it got up to 71, today it's supposed to be 53. I feel miserable, this cold or whatever it is has gotten pretty bad. I just tried calling in sick to work, and found out I have lost my voice. I had to send a text message...:rolleyes:
I'll probably check in here a couple of times, but for the most part I'll be staying down and in bed or on the couch.

Good morning. It's 52° and cloudy. The high will be 67° and mostly cloudy.

I;m feeling better this morning. Temp is down and bp is normal. We'll see how long that lasts. Today I'll probably be doing a vacuuming of the entire layout. It needs it. Some of the structures at the back of the layout have cobwebs on them. I might even get around to applying decals to my pair of Stewart U25B's. The one in the photo below originally had a Kato drive but the motor was dead. I replaced it with an Athearn motor then had to change the trucks out because the shafts weren't compatible with the Athearn flywheels. I replaced them with Proto 2000 trucks with Athearn worms and shafts. I did end up cutting the shafts and extending them with heat shrink tubing. Looking back on that I probably done that with the Kato shafts and put the Athearn hex end on them but I wasn't thinking about that at the time and I had already destroyed the joint on the end of one of the Kato shafts by then.

Good afternoon folks.

Though I had a dentist appointment this morning and had to get my car fixed it's been a great day off. I received my most recent kit purchase in the mail yesterday and it's drying as we speak. Since I can't do much else to it this afternoon I decided to tackle my first wood kit. It's a Northeastern Scale Model kit of a dairy barn. I figure for $25 I can screw it up and not feel bad! I gave it a light coat of primer on both sides and plan to paint it later today. Then I'll see how patient I can be with those small, fragile parts. The barn will be my first piece of the last non started area of the layout. Boy am I excited to start on that section. I think my undiagnosed A.D.D. is kicking in!

My ride should be here to go get my car soon.

Have a good day.

Terry hope ya fell better soon!:eek: Dana and I have been sick with our upper respiratory infections for over two months!:mad: As soon as Florida Get's humid weather back we will magically get better!LOL's Something how your body get use one type of weather, an soon as it changes so does your health:rolleyes::rolleyes:!

Oh look I found a soap box....:rolleyes:

Any How, Our local Governor Rick Scott here has taken some hits over his change in Florida's Retirement System http://frsoptions.info/ ! It's all the buzz down here among all us government workers! We haven't seen a raise in over 4 years and now he's going to scrap our current retirement plan:mad: then make us start from scratch and make us pay 5% of our incomes!:mad:LOL's All I can say is Florida Education system can't get teachers as it is, Nobody want to be a Cop or EMT or Fire Fighter or Government worker as it is........Take the only good thing working for the Local Government away and you won't get good workers that give a damn! Heck if I get full time at Lowes, the bennies are better:eek: Might just switch jobs down the road if'n things don't get better!:confused:

Dang soap box.....:rolleyes:

Thanks, Chris. I feel a little better--though not from what I had to go through to get a simple box of Claratin. In order to be able to buy a package of 5 pills of over-the-counter medicine, I had to give out a bunch of personal info and sign some forms, get my driver's license photostatically copied, then have my ID checked against a database to make sure I wasn't a known drug addict. As luck would have it, I wasn't. So, I spent nearly 15 minutes at the counter of Walgreens, coughing, sneezing, and snotting all over everything (not a kleenex in sight, and I used up all mine in the first 5 minutes) because some bureaucrat somewhere decided this would cut down on drug abuse:mad:.
So now I'm probably in a computer somewhere as a potential drug abuser, and will come up on a list of suspects whenever a drug-related crime is committed within 10 miles of me...:eek:

Sigh..Going to crawl back under my rock now...:rolleyes:

OK folks, here's what's going on in the world of Running Bear. The Charcot condition in my foot and ankle has flared up again. Just moving from the bedroom to the kitchen/computer/layout room is painful and it can last from four or five days to several weeks. You can pray for me if you want to but I would rather that you pray for my mother. My father and niece had to take her to the hospital the other night where she still is at this time. She has liver trouble and they think she may have had a heart attack. They don't know yet. The ammonia level in her blood is high and they're trying to get that down. She's on a heart monitor twenty-four hours a day and every time it even lets off a blip that doesn't belong there they're right there. I'm worried about her and so are many of my friends. Most of them are Apache, Comanche and Cherokee who are set in the old ways, so you can imagine what's going on there. She's Cherokee herself. My father is absolutely beside himself. He tries to hide it but I've known the man nearly all my life. There were times he couldn't be there because of the military. It's hard to hide things when someone has known you that long, and I'm reading him like an open book. He's a nervous wreck. I'm not much better. I may not be on for a day or a even a few days. I'll be on a vision quest to seek answers and put my mind at ease.

Thanks, Chris. I feel a little better--though not from what I had to go through to get a simple box of Claratin. In order to be able to buy a package of 5 pills of over-the-counter medicine, I had to give out a bunch of personal info and sign some forms, get my driver's license photostatically copied, then have my ID checked against a database to make sure I wasn't a known drug addict. As luck would have it, I wasn't. So, I spent nearly 15 minutes at the counter of Walgreens, coughing, sneezing, and snotting all over everything (not a kleenex in sight, and I used up all mine in the first 5 minutes) because some bureaucrat somewhere decided this would cut down on drug abuse:mad:.
So now I'm probably in a computer somewhere as a potential drug abuser, and will come up on a list of suspects whenever a drug-related crime is committed within 10 miles of me...:eek:

Sigh..Going to crawl back under my rock now...:rolleyes:

Dude, Capt. Morgans Black Cash Rum! 4 shots over the rocks and you will be saying, "what cold?" while P'ing all over your self!LOL's

I just got done with my four shot's and find it hard to type!:D

It was another nice day in the low 40's

My stuff from the hobby store should have been ordered today, hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I have the Bachmann 2-8-0, Accurail box car, JV truss rod flat car, some small drill bits, WS turf, and some other things I can't remember. I guess I'll find out when I pick all up. I'm getting a start on my layout. Still looking for a job.:mad: can't wait till I land on something.

Jeffrey...I will absolutely say a prayer for your Mom. I hope she is resting comfortably this evening and will be home soon.

Just received word this evening that my nephew is scheduled to have a kidney transplant tomorrow. He has been on the list for 4 years now and finally has a donor match. I've been praying about this every day and was
getting impatient. Finally! I won't be able to sleep tonight! Would love to
have you include Shawn in your prayers tonight... :)

Thanks!

Sandy

It was another nice day in the low 40's

Still looking for a job.:mad: can't wait till I land on something.

Been there........Still there, I'm always looking for work! I just got a secondary seasonal back up job with Lowes! It's not a bad place to work. They hire everyone starting them out on seasonal and if'n you work out they move ya up! Sounds like a PITA, but they have great Bennies and they start out hourly very high compared to the other box stores! I'm impressed with them so far!:) I'll keep ya in my prayers! good luck!

I went to school for two years doing the building maintenance program. Good program, learned a lot of stuff like HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, boiler operation, but the competition for those jobs around here are fierce! Unless your daddy or uncle is the owner or you have over 2 years experience under your belt, you don't stand a chance.

I went to school for two years doing the building maintenance program. Good program, learned a lot of stuff like HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, boiler operation, but the competition for those jobs around here are fierce! Unless your daddy or uncle is the owner or you have over 2 years experience under your belt, you don't stand a chance.

tons of jobs looking for maintenance with HAVC down here! AC is a must during summer! But, They don't want to pay nothing!:mad: Look in Craigslist and for Florida!

tons of jobs looking for maintenance with HAVC down here! AC is a must during summer! But, They don't want to pay nothing!:mad: Look in Craigslist and for Florida!
"Paying up to $10/hr. Must have own truck and tools!" Wow, what a deal...:rolleyes:

"Paying up to $10/hr. Must have own truck and tools!" Wow, what a deal...:rolleyes:

I know LOL's, Florida's economy sux! I got a seasonal job with Lowes and I need to have nothing to work for them...and I get $10 and hour, 10% discount, and 5% above cost on special order not carried by store items!!

Looking for Advanced Rocket Engineer, must have Aerospace Engineering degrees needed for job and have truck and tools! $9.00 and hour 32 hour work week and no overtime! And NO Drama Queens!

Good evening folks.

I'm trying my hand at building a laser cut kit. I'm under the impression that this is an easier version of wood kits. So far it's coming together nicely. I have to say, I wish I had tried a wood kit before. It has a different kind of look to it than the plastic ones I've built. Maybe it's just because I'm building a barn and in my mind a barn should be wood! Now I need to find a source for shingles for this thing. They don't include any with the kit.:( Walthers here I come!

The snow continues to melt around here. Tomorrow it's suppose to get up to fifty with rain. I have mixed emotions about that. The rain will melt the snow faster but we don't need any more water around here. The streets aren't draining properly due to all of the snow banks on the curb and gutter.

I think my glue is dry on my kit. Time to assemble a few more pieces.

Have a good night everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back