Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 63° and the storms are running rampant. Chance of rain today is 60%. Low tonight is projected to be 21°.

I'm on my way to town to pay the bills that can't be paid online then get the first part of the grocery shopping done. My cupboards are bare.

Good Morning....it is FLIPPIN' cold here this AM!! -14 with the WCF @ -32. Just went out and started my car and let it warm up. 'bout froze!
Good thing I can pretty much stay in today, with only a few places to go.

Hope everyone is keeping warm!

Sandy

Sandy- Did you get any snow to go with your COLD?
I've been talking to people in Missouri today and they are getting slammed with snow.

Power went out here shortly after my morning post. The rain was coming in hard but it was difficult to tell sometimes exactly what direction it was going, as it actually appeared to be going back up at times. The drive into town was quite interesting partly due to the rain but mostly due to the wind. I came close to doing a few unintentional lane changes and twice I had to pull over and wait for the rain to let up a bit as the wipers were completely overwhelmed. Wiper speed on a lot of the old Dodges was slow at best and my van is no exception. I also had to keep a rag handy to periodically wipe the inside of the windshield. Due to a lack of defrosters the windshield would fog up from time to time. Some day I must install a heater core and a blower. Power came back on close to noon. Some areas are still without power at this time.

Here in Central Indiana I have been working all day on getting the 2" of ice off of the sidewalks and now the weather guessers are sayin we are in an ice storm warning area. Oh the joy of it all. With snow coming tomorrow to top off the additional 1 to 2" of ice. I WANT SUMMER AND I WANT IT NOW I am tired of this stuff and pity the folks in D.C, N.Y. and all the rest of you along the right coast. Record setting weather is not my idea of a good time at all. I hope the power doesn't go off yet i still do not have my generator running.

Well I better get out to the shop and work on the generator. The lights just went out and came right back on. This might be a sign of things to come.

Talking Bureaucrats, a local council near me just introduced a fat tax, honest :( for wanting to eat at a takeaway they are charging the owners £1000 for wanting to sell so called unhealthy food, BUT they won't do it to big name superstores like warlmart who sell pre-packed takeaway style fast food, talk about double standards. If they made healthy food cheaper maybe more would eat it, people eat cheap food because they have to, not through choice, crazy crazy crazy world.

Hope Ya'll have a nice day, we got snow forecast for morning so it's a MRR building day ;)

The lights have blinked again but I did have the generator running a little while ago. Took the bowl off the carb and there was this thick green stuff in it. Wiped it out real good and shot some starting fluid in the carb pulled the rope and it ran on the first pull. Whoopie!!! some things do go right for me now and then. I must be living right at the present time. A couple of years ago it took me three days to get the generator running. At that time it I did not need it but thought I would fire it up to check it out before bad weather. It has not been run in three or four years so I am overjoyed it started rather easily this time.

for those freezing their butts off...

Right now it's 75* here in Spring Hill, Florida!:Dhehehehehehehehehe.....

for those freezing their butts off...

Right now it's 75* here in Spring Hill, Florida!:Dhehehehehehehehehe.....

I have a special smiley for situations like this, but I won't use it on a family-oriented forum ;) Suffice it to say, it's stupid cold here and I wish it weren't.

Talking Bureaucrats, a local council near me just introduced a fat tax, honest :( for wanting to eat at a takeaway they are charging the owners £1000 for wanting to sell so called unhealthy food, BUT they won't do it to big name superstores like warlmart who sell pre-packed takeaway style fast food, talk about double standards. If they made healthy food cheaper maybe more would eat it, people eat cheap food because they have to, not through choice, crazy crazy crazy world.

Hope Ya'll have a nice day, we got snow forecast for morning so it's a MRR building day ;)

I feel a RANT coming on from a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE!

Our new Gov. wants to do away our retirements! If we want a retirement he figures we can pay for it ourselves 401k or something like that! Need I remind him, we haven't had a rise in over 4 years, most if not all Hourly employees have lost 15% or better in pay grade/position reductions, and worst yet....A Lot have been laid off. I'm luck I got my job back @ $3.55 less than I was paid a year ago! I clear less than $1000 a month! And if i don't get a night job I will lose my house soon!:mad:

rant over....:rolleyes:;)

Went to Captain D's for lunch today. Without even batting an eyelash the girl behind the counter rang me up on the senior citizens discount. Why do I feel so old all of a sudden? I know I have some gray and some wrinkles. OK, a lot of gray and some wrinkles a mountain climber could get lost in. But I don't look all that old for 50!

Stopped at Circle K to get gas this morning. It's one of the cheaper places in town. Still $3.04 a gallon for regular unleaded. For that price and with the old battleship I'm driving there should be an oil company rep out there cheering me on. Van backfired through the exhaust when I started it up after getting gas. Made a very loud ka-boom. Literally scared the piss out of some guy. Well, I guess when you gotta go you gotta go. And he went!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Captain D's for lunch today. Without even batting an eyelash the girl behind the counter rang me up on the senior citizens discount. Why do I feel so old all of a sudden? I know I have some gray and some wrinkles. OK, a lot of gray and some wrinkles a mountain climber could get lost in. But I don't look all that old for 50!

Ssssshh! Ya old fool ! Take them discounts anyway you can! ;) :p

Van backfired through the exhaust when I started it up after getting gas. Made a very loud ka-boom. Literally scared the piss out of some guy. Well, I guess when you gotta go you gotta go. And he went!

:D:D:D Oh my sides ache from laughing!! :D:D:D
I could just picture the whole scene!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Nice avatar Karl!:p

Like that huh?
Here's one for you!
images

Evening. It's raining and 45, supposed to go up to 55 before morning, then on to 65 tomorrow.
I picked up an Atlas Gold Trainmaster from a friend that is a hobby shop hobby guy. Uhh, he buys and sells trains as a hobby...
Anyway, I got the locomotive home, and it was doing some really weird stuff, like the sound wouldn't go over an idle when backing up, but only had the problem if it went forward first.:confused: So I popped the shell off, and found a Digitrax DZ123 wired in parallel with the factory decoder.:confused: WTF?:confused::confused::confused:
So, I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow evening: Finding out why it has two motor decoders wired into it.:rolleyes:

The motor function of the original decoder could be fried. I've done that with a couple of locos. The latest is a Bachmann GP38-2. I have a Digitrax DZ125 decoder piggybacked on the Bachmann decoder. The Bmann decoder handles the lights while the DZ125 controls the motor. Why this setup? The motor function of the Bachmann decoder is crap but the light function works. The motor function of the DZ125 works but it's light function is fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back