Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in..

well I'm still waiting for my disorientation with Lowes to be scheduled. I was hired a week ago and yet to see work!:rolleyes:LOL's The HR lady Vicki is sweet and God bless her I think she's got way more on her plate than there's room for. I talked to her today and she working on it.

I'm on a vision quest too! I want to see if i can make a 12 pack of beer disappear as fast as I brought in the door!:D I got 3 down:p My woman has to see a sick aunt and my son dosen't want to visit cause my ex-father inlaw bought him a 4 wheeler to ride. So I got a free weekend with some cash:eek: I'll find something fun to do though!;):D

I'm on a vision quest too! I want to see if i can make a 12 pack of beer disappear as fast as I brought in the door!:D
Hardly my idea of a vision quest but whatever trips your trigger.

Well I found out today that my mother won't be coming home. Not soon at least. She's been admitted to a rest home so she can get some exercise. She wasn't getting any at the hospital and she won't get any at home because she'll just lay on the couch and not move unless she has to. I already had a pretty good idea she wasn't coming home when the hospital said because I kept seeing an empty bed in my visions.
According to the hospital my mother will be coming home tomorrow
.It didn't show me anything else about her though except that she was longer in the hospital. That's what I mean about getting answers I wasn't seeking. I got an answer but it didn't tell me everything. I went over to my parents place and fed their dogs. I'm pumped up on Aleve so I'm not feeling much pain. Problem is I don't have any more to take tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy! I make a post around 8:30 and nobody else shows up until almost midnight? y'all got some playboy bunnies stashed away somewhere or what?

02/19/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

:D

Boy! I make a post around 8:30 and nobody else shows up until almost midnight? y'all got some playboy bunnies stashed away somewhere or what?

Hehe, ya could kinda say that Jeffrey!;););)

Actually, its called a 6 day, 12 hour a day work week this week. :eek::eek::eek:
ALso, I'll warn y'all.........no posting will be done tomorrow, at least til the Daytona 500 is over! :D:D:D

Yeah, I know...........there makin a left turn!!!:eek:

:
ALso, I'll warn y'all.........no posting will be done tomorrow, at least til the Daytona 500 is over! :D:D:D

Yeah, I know...........there makin a left turn!!!:eek:
Stand on it, turn left, and may the fastest car win!:p

Good morning. It's 43 here now, it was almost 80 yesterday, and breezy. Today it's supposed to be cooler and downright windy. I'm heading back to Roanoke today to exchange Y6b #2198 for #2191, and pick up an auxiliary tender for it. I'm taking another club member with me for the trip. Among other things, we're going to be discussing what to do with and about the HO superintendent. For the foreseeable future, I'm going to be bringing nothing more than a pair of older Athearn RTR diseasels to run on the club's layout, and use only the club's cars. That way, if everything falls off the track and goes crashing to the concrete floor, I won't be out much. Also, it's easier to pull a train into a yard somewhere and remove my engines and go home if somebody gives me crap.
I'll be considering my membership renewal that comes due in May. There's an established club near the new place in Winston-Salem, it would certainly be more convenient to join there. No mandatory running all day Saturday and Sunday, the layout is complete, all they do is maintenance and op sessions. But, if the old heads there are the same as what I've been exposed to at the current club, that part would be a wash, and a further reason to build a nice layout of my own.

Karl, Factory Direct Trains is selling HO Maryland Midland SD24's for $59.99, you may want to pick up a spare.

Been gone for at least a week or two. It appears that several people have expirienced some (or near) losses lately, for apologies for the sending of late condolences.

I guess its really Daytona Weekend. One of the guys in our camp has a massive party on Sunday, its usually a good time. Great food too! I dont usually watch much of the race until after it gets to dark to be outside. My friends and i usually have a pick up game of either football or baseball. Unfortunately with temps in the 40s and 50s this week, we could use a couple cold days to harden the snow.

Spring is on its way, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. From Wednesday to Friday, the lowest temp we had was in the low 40s. That means that theres about 2-4in of standing water everywhere

Im trying to decide if i should buy some new locomotives. 4 SD40T-2s for $80, 3 dummies and 1 powered with custom work done to them. Good deal or no?

I think im going to run some trains today. Ive got plans but im not feeling so great so i think ill stay home and medicate to be ready for tommorow.

Have a good one Gents

Good morning. It's 54° and cloudy with heavy fog. The high will be 71° and partly cloudy with a 10% chance of rain.

Not much happening today. I may get some layout work done today if I don't have to drag myself around. Yesterday wasn't too bad but the day before, oh man, I had to take a step, lean against a wall and bring my good foot around then take another step. If today's like that then forget it. I'll stay in bed. Last night I assessed my stocks of scenery supplies. I have plenty of lichen (a twelve pack ramen box packed full to bulging with the stuff), about three quarts of green clump foliage, maybe one bottle of WS green recycled blended turf, half a bottle of WS medium gray ballast and a bottle of filtered sand that's been cooked to kill off the wee beasties in it. The sand is used as fill with green turf over top.

Good Afternoon All,
It was fairly cool with temps of about 38* at 11:30 and it supposed to get up to about 52* with scattered showers. Having this damn Bronchitus and what ever else I may have I haven't checked the rain gauge but the larger outer cylinder is about half full from the last few days and I'll bet there's at least 4" in there if not more? Well I had to go down toward the Train area anyway so I decided I check out the rain gauge and after empting a slight bit off the center tube which holds one inch I poured the rest in to a graduated container and it amounted to more than 32oz. When I measured everything it came up to 5.92" over the last several days.

God, am I glad things are staying dry with my roof patching job. I'm in no shape to be climbing up and down to do more repairs right now.

Say Terry: That's a real bummer to have to go through all that just to get some OTC meds. What are they going to want to do next, take a blood test FIRST?? Shit ! In many ways this Great Nation of ours at the hands of a few despots has really gone way too far!! It's a real insult to anybody with any common sense!!

I went to WM and bought a bunch of other Cold stuff along with a bunch of groceries and was never asked a question about the Alka-Seltzer stuff.

Say Jeff: Sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad and yourself too of course. It's a really trying when parents are sick, I've dealt with it ever since 1962 with Dad till he passed in Jan. 9, 1989 and Mom became an Insulin dependent Diabetic around 1975 and then Dad also became the same too. I don't know how many times I've been back and forth to the Hospitals and Drs. with my folks. All you can do is try and do the best by them as you can under the circumstances and guide them if possible?

I wasn't even aware that our bodies produced any Ammonia till you mentioned it, thanks.

Now for some railroading:
I worked on building another Switch or two of the Five Oaks Section, I'll include some photographs of how I go about building a switch, these all use the normal points to direct the rail traffic. I'm using a templates, straight Right & Left I printed from, 'Fast Tracks' earlier, probably at least two years ago, but seem to have a problem lately to get the file to download for the Curved turnouts?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Stand on it, turn left, and may the fastest car win!:p

Ever seen Jeff Dunham? He has 2 bits, one with Peanut and one with Bubba J. where he goes off on "their makin a left turn! Oh look, their makin anutha left turn!" Its a riot, only the really hard core Nascar fans don't laugh!

Karl, Factory Direct Trains is selling HO Maryland Midland SD24's for $59.99, you may want to pick up a spare.

Gold Series? or Silver. I've got 3 of the Gold Series already,,,,,,hmmm I wonder if SWMBO would notice a 4th? or 5th?:rolleyes:

Been watching some Hogan's Heroes shows today and been laughing so hard I went into coughing fits. I had to take a break to give my ribs, back and throat a break.

Well, my sister and niece weren't going anywhere tonight so I had to cook for myself for a change. I had two beef chimichangas with chili, cheese and jalapeno peppers and my own hot sauce mix that could rate a seven alarm fire call by itself. I also mixed up some of the ballast a friend sent me. I only had one partially empty bottle but I now have a wonderful looking mix of predominantly gray medium/fine ballast mix with a little dark coarse ballast thrown in for variety. I'm now waiting on some turf to come in but that won't be until sometime next week. Hopefully I can get down to my parents place tomorrow and grab one or two of the empty large coffee bottles my father seems to collect. Then I'll be able to mix and store more ballast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver series. One left. Better hurry...;)

Thanks but no thanks. :) SWMBO is pretty sharp. She knows all of my Midland stuff has sound. If she see's a quiet one, she may get suspicious.:cool: She knows how to call up an engine, the press function 8 to see if the sound is on or not. Then the questions start, and I get edgy, and before ya know it, guess who is sharing the couch with the cat???

Don't get me wrong, I like the felines. I just prefer to sleep with the 2 legged variety!:D

Good evening, thought I'd drop in before I went to bed.

I just came down with one of the few stomach flues going around this part of the country.:mad: It's not all that bad BUT, it's a toss up for eating. If I eat too much (which isn't a whole lot), I get an upset stomach and don't feel like doing anything. If I don't eat, then I get really hungry, and right now the hunger pains are better than the upset stomach. Oh well, I'll get over it.

Have a good night everyone.

Oh, er, waiter, you might want to wipe down my table with a Clorox wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back