Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 48° and mostly cloudy. The high will be around 70° and partly cloudy. There's a 40% chance of rain tonight.

Went to a barbecue at a friends place last night and had a good time. Later changed out a defective truck on an Athearn F7 with a truck from a Proto 2000 FA. I fitted blomberg side frames to it this morning. The FA also had a Bachmann decoder in it. It tested as good so I'll be using it in the F7 as well. I had been thinking about getting a Digitrax DZ125 for it but why spend the money when I already have something that'll work. Today's work is to get back to the GLEAMing process I didn't finish yesterday. When the body says it's hurting too much it's time to stop.

Good morning everyone.

It's still in the upper twenties around here for another day. Tomorrow it dives back to arctic temperatures.

I have a short day at work so I hope to get some train time in. I'm not sure what I need to do, but I'm sure it will come to me.:) I've been trying to take some pictures of my layout, but I just don't have the right lighting. The layout is in a living room with fifteen foot ceilings so any light just disappears. I have a few lamps, but it still doesn't give the right lighting. I guess I need to rig up some spot lighting or just wait for a really sunny day!

Well, I guess I don't have much else to add today.

Have a good day everyone.

Had my first of two interviews with lowes! I seemed to impressed the HR person! My career service/experience has their interest! If I get this job it will make a big diffrence! BTW: a discount on Materials for the Train room/MRR layouts.....IS A BIG PLUS! Please Pray fer me PLEASE!

Happy Belated birthday Karl ;)

Had a bad day today, had to take the wife shopping for furniture which lasted a millennium, was glad to get home but that changed as i had to put the dammed flat pack stuff together :(

Good luck Chris ;)

I was thinking about how the Athearn blue box F7 looked with the AAR truck on it last night. I would have put one on the back as well except that the rear flywheel (spline drive uses larger flywheels than hex RTR drive) got in the way. Well, a little while ago I got an Athearn F7 with hex drive down off the shelf and went to work on it. I changed out the two perfectly good Athearn trucks with two Proto 2000 trucks from an Alco FB frame (no body, no motor, it no run again) just to see how well they would fit. They fit like a glove. All I had to change was the worm assembly. I like the way it looks so much that I'm leaving it just the way it is. May the rivet counters go into vapor lock!

Sounds interesting, but the page wont load!:(

Hi Karl,

Try this: http://douglassreport.com/ ; Once there use his search window, Search Dr. Douglass' Articles: [Type in Neuropathy] hit enter.

The top article above the dates on the Left should read:
Do you know of any treatments for peripheral neuropathy? added

2009/02/04
In Germany, alpha-lipoic acid is an approved medical treatment for peripheral neuropathy, which is a common complication of diabetes.

*>I sincerely hope this helps you. I make no claims as it is not something I have any real personal experience with as I'm not Diabetic. Although I did give it to my Mom who is Diabetic but never complained of Neuropathy
like Dad did.

As far as the dosage no the 'NOW Brand' bottle it says One per day but in Jeffs case it may not hurt him to take two every now and then and see how he feels? Just be cautions, you know your bodies reactions better than anyone else.

Best of Luck and hope it helps to relieve you guys symptoms!

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Thanks David!
Even though I am NOT a big fan of pills, after reading several web pages (including the one you sent) I think I'm going to try it! Add 1 more to the 7 daily morning pills! (No wonder I don't always eat breakfast!) :eek:
The benefits for not only my legs and fingers, but my eyes too! The only consistently reported side effect is nausea. Pooh! If my ex-wifes cooking never gave me nausea, nothing will! :D:D:D

Besides, the wife loves it when I can give her an excuse to go to Target!:eek:

2009/02/04
In Germany, alpha-lipoic acid is an approved medical treatment for peripheral neuropathy, which is a common complication of diabetes.
Thanks for the link. I ordered three bottles of the 600mg alpha-lipoic acid through Walgreen's and saved $5 a bottle by ordering online. Total for the order (including shipping & tax) was about $22.

What a day.

Started off with breakfast at the golden corral with my dad, my friend and his dad. From there we went to the local powersports dealer so my friends dad could grab some parts for my friends dirtbike. While they were at the service counter me and my dad started looking at the fourwheelers, which is when i got some awesome news. My dad said after the cruise hes going to start looking for another wheeler. The best part? We mostly ride the logging roads at camp, and me and my friends are really the only ones who actively ride the wheelers there. Whats this mean? It means im going to get to drive the new wheeler, even though hell say its his. :rolleyes::D.

Then we got to the gun show. Ive never seen so many grouchy old men in one place before. I walked in with my springfield and my Model 10A, with the whole intention on selling for my new deer rifle. Some old codger walks up, grabs me by the shoulder and asks me what ive got in my hand. I told him it was a springfield and that i was looking for something to better fit my needs. This led to a lecture about how kids these days dont appreciate anything and dont understand the significance of history. I got lectured by some older gentleman, in the middle of a convention center, I couldnt believe it.

**Rant**

Long story short, i had lots of people interested in both guns, but everybody assumed i didnt know what they were worth, and continuously got talked down to, like i didnt know what I had. I had a hard time "respectfully" declining one mans offer of "a whole 100 dollars for both of them their firearms, just so you dont have to carry them around the show no more, ever had a 100 bill sonny?". What a load of b.s, he sounded like he thought he was doing me a favor, when in reality all he tried to do was screw me out of hunting next year. For a show that was supposed to be primarily antique firearms, i couldnt believe all the people who just wanted to trade or hold the guns. I get that the economy isnt great and people arent throwing out cash, i get i didnt have pristine rifles, i get people want a deal, but dont get pissed off at me because i decline your offer of $210 for the pair, a 1919 Remmington Model 10A, and a 1918, safe to shoot, equipped with Lyman sights, with a prestine barrel (verified by every last person who touched it), Springfield M1903.

On the way home we stopped at our gunshop to drop of the scope for my dads new Browning. My guns are now sitting in his shop as consignment, but first they are getting looked over by the gunsmith, seeing the best course of action, be it let it sit, or give it a nice cleaning and touch up (not re-blueing). I think im going to ask my dad to take them off consignment tommorow, maybe take them back to the show, i forgot to bring some stuff with me today. I have a complete J.C Higgins Shotgun Cleaning Kit that id like to know about.

Im glad people at the MRR shows are alot more friendly.

Karl- I saw a Maryland Midland Cement Hopper today, thats the road you model right? I always thought it was a fictional shortline :eek: The hopper looked in pretty good shape too, i dont remember any graffiti or real weathering.

Jeff- Without the trucks, a locomotive isnt much good, so at least one of the important parts is from an ALCo :D

Tom- Youll appreciate the Phantoms new mascot. http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...unveil-new-mascot-and-its-worse-than-the-team The best thing ive heard about it is that it looks like the Phanatics special cousin.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Then we got to the gun show. Ive never seen so many grouchy old men in one place before.
Obviously you've never attended a TCA meet, or Airstream trailer owner's rally...:rolleyes: I am no spring chicken, but I tend to be the youngest attendee at the latter function, and am among the youngest at the former.

Matt,
I understand the grumpy old man thing. When our club 1st started doing modular shows, I used to take my brass Western Maryland Potomac and run it for hours! Mind you, its remotored, new gearbox, and DCC. I actually caught a lot of greif from some old codger because " You shouldn't be running a nice piece of brass like that, it oughta be just on display!"
The look on his face when I told him that if I just wanted to look at a Potomac, I wouldn't have spent 700 bucks for the brass model, I could have gotten a picture a whole lot cheaper!!:eek:

Old farts, what are ya gonna do, other then stand upwind from em!:D

Karl- I saw a Maryland Midland Cement Hopper today, thats the road you model right? I always thought it was a fictional shortline :eek: The hopper looked in pretty good shape too, i dont remember any graffiti or real weathering.

See, See! They ARE real!!! LOLOL!!!:rolleyes::p:D

What a day.

No MMRR is a fictional shortline! Karl had some extra time on his hands so he painted up/Graffitied another roads hopper to look like a MMRR! Nice work karl you vandal!;):p

01/30/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png

:D

Good morning.
It's 36 with a few clouds. It's supposed to rain for the following 3 days, we'll see how close the weather-guessers get...
We're waiting for some Canadian friends to show up here today. They got a really late start on their trip to Floriduh, and have decided to make a small detour to spend today and tonight with us. I'm taking the man to our train club for a few hours later, then dinner and a movie for them both. The club layout was acting up something fierce last weekend, I hope it behaves today. There were shorts galore, and where there weren't electrical problems, we had derailments.

The club layout was acting up something fierce last weekend, I hope it behaves today. There were shorts galore, and where there weren't electrical problems, we had derailments.
Argh!!!!! I see Terry, Murphy's law is still around and goin strong. When ever I have any one over to look over the layout it always acts up. They leave and the next day I go to fix the problem and then there is no problem, it runs like a pickle seeder smooth as silk.

Matt,
I understand the grumpy old man thing. When our club 1st started doing modular shows, I used to take my brass Western Maryland Potomac and run it for hours! Mind you, its remotored, new gearbox, and DCC. I actually caught a lot of greif from some old codger because " You shouldn't be running a nice piece of brass like that, it oughta be just on display!"
The look on his face when I told him that if I just wanted to look at a Potomac, I wouldn't have spent 700 bucks for the brass model, I could have gotten a picture a whole lot cheaper!!:eek:

Old farts, what are ya gonna do, other then stand upwind from em!:D

See, See! They ARE real!!! LOLOL!!!:rolleyes::p:D

BTW Karl happy birthday
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWuyKB5k44[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnWuyKB5k44

Good morning. It's 58° with rain. The high will be 67 and there's a 50% chance of rain.

Nothing special planned for today. It just seems like one of those sit back and see what happens kind of days.

Good afternoon folks.

I'm enjoying a lazy day at home. We went out last night for my Wife's coworker's birthday. Since I haven't been to a bar in ages I took full advantage of the time out. We were only going to go for an hour and ended up hanging out until the bar closed! My only regret is that I spent enough to buy the next kit I need for the layout. Oh well, I go out maybe once a year.

I'm slowly adding vegetaion to the town of Wells on my layout. It really needs trees, but I'm going to add them last. No sense in banging into them while I work on the rest of the scene.

We have pot roast in the slow cooker smelling up the house. That's the best and worst part about cooking that way. You get to smell it cook all day but you have to wait. I'm not really pot roast kind of guy anymore but man it smells good!

I think it's time to work on the layout again.

Have a great day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back