Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. It's 47° with clouds and brief appearances of some bright disk. The high will be 67° and it will be mostly cloudy.

I have to go into town later today. I need to go to the pharmacy and drop off the list for my meds then to the post office to mail some boxes, one of which will be going to Missouri while the other two will go to their destinations north of the Mason/Dixon line. I still have some HO stuff to get rid of and I'm working with several prospective customers at this time. I know I'm going to have some items left over. Guess I'll have to take them to the flea market in Pickering and be happy with whatever I can get for them. Still have some layout work that needs to be done also. There are some places where the wall joint compound cracked while it was drying. I'll have to fill those in with a skim coat of plaster before those areas can be painted over. I still have to get the wiring for the structure lighting done.

My sales list is in it's usual place.

Today: Snow flurries this morning will give way to mostly cloudy skies during the day. High 28F. Winds light and variable.
Tonight: Snow showers early will become steadier snow overnight. Low 21F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snowfall around one inch.
Tomorrow: Freezing rain early...then tapering off to freezing drizzle through the afternoon. High 33F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 70%

Well, I've got my new powerpack that I bought from Jeffery and it runs like a champ! It's a lot smoother and more fluid than my radio shack special that had an lm317t voltage controller I built.I do miss my 1.2 voltage that road the rails on the minimum setting. I had put together diodes to "hide" the 1.2 v from the motor and used the 1.2 v to power a 1.5 v maglite bulb that I had glued in place to the lights on the front and back. I also had the diodes set up to light the headlight in the proper direction.

I wish I hadn't had my motorcycle accident now, because there are so many things I have done that I have no clue how I did them. I'll never own another bike again, I know that much. I saw a classic honda interceptor that had me jonesin for a ride. lol It was a bad wreck for me though. I had a nice bell that saved my head from getting completely smashed in half.

I think I have done something really stupid. I allowed my wife to buy my son a razor pocket rocket. It's a small electric road bike. I've decided to put a radio control kill switch on it. We have a HUGE parking lot next to us. It's an old church that has been up for sale for at least 5 years. The parking lot is in good shape and I run my r/c cars on it. a police officer buddy of mine were screwing around with a traxxas road car, and with a 9.6v pack, it would do 54mph by radar. He and I do stupid stuff all the time together.

Actually, I've decided I am going to quit smoking and I am going to buy myself one when I quit. lol I figure those little things are highly addictable. lol

Rant follows!

Went to the post office in Leesville this morning to mail out some boxes. Those steps in front of the building (at least a dozen of them) make getting into the building very difficult for me (me and steps don't get along well) and the place has NO HANDICAP ACCESS! Since when can a government building NOT have handicap access? What a disabled person has to go through there is a JOKE! Anyone who can't get up the steps for whatever reason must go to the back of the building (loading/unloading area), climb a steep ramp that someone in a wheelchair would not be able to get up without help and go to the back door IF the path is not blocked by mail carts. There they have to ring a bell for service. Entry through this door is forbidden so the mail/packages the person wants to send must be given to the postal clerk that comes to the door along with whatever method of payment is being used. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THE PERSON GRANTED ACCESS! They must wait at the back door while the clerk weighs the mail/packages and applies the postage on them and uses the provided method of payment (cash/credit-debit card/etc) to pay for it then brings the receipt and change or card back to the person still waiting out on the loading/unloading dock. If the person has a P.O. box or drawer there they must have an able bodied person (or at least one that can climb the steps) go in and get their mail for them. From now on I'm going the extra couple of miles to New Llano to use the post office there. It has proper handicap access.

End of rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down Jeffrey,,,,before you spike your blood pressure! :eek:

How old is the post office you went to?
What you may have experienced is one of the glitches in the ADA. IF a building is on the national historic registery, they may be exempt from the ADA. I do agree with you however. Any government building should have handicap access. The one locally here was built in 1977, almost in an anti-bellum mansion style. Very grand and ornate structure. When they decided about 10 years ago that there was no way to make the marble coulumns and door frames ADA compliant, they built a very modern facility about 2 miles away.:confused:
They real kicker? The company that now has the old post office has installed ADA compliant doors on 2 sides of the building where loading doors were, and left the entrance alone. All the parking was on they 2 sides that they remodeled the doors on, so who cares about the front anyway?:rolleyes:

The structure in question was built in the late 60's and is not on the national historic registry. They were talking about building a NEW post office for Leesville but for the last three or four years that's all it's been. Talk.

Good Morning/now Afternoon, to all from wet Central Cal,
It's fairly cool and wet with a temp of 38* and raining lightly to keep everything soaked. In fact when I looked out from the back porch this morning about 10 away is an area that is about 4' in diameter that sunk down about 6-8" which was a real surprise as the whole area is cut solid ground so this very unusual to say the least. The only thing I can think of
after talking with a local neighbor is that the area that sunk was an old trash pit from many years back that finally settled!? It's filling up with rain water so I'll see if there is any evidently of more further settling. Actually I have an old Gandy Dancer long rod/pry bar combo that I can check it out with too.

I started building another turnout/switch last night so a bit of progress is being made. I also placed a fairly large order with Micro-Mark for a number of scratch building supplies*
and got two different assortments of windows & doors they offered to ensure I'll have enough as I only had a few from before. I also ordered a Dobson Miter-Rite unit from them as I wanted something a little better than the old Exacto Aluminum one I have. I've been planning of building a somewhat low, maybe 6" high, curved trestle in front Amalgamate Hill as a kind of a seasonal run off area so I'll have enough odd angles to cut I'm sure. I also ordered their large bag of 12" long various size pieces of Bass wood and another friend said these were from Northeastern scale Lumber if I remember correctly?

This same RR buddy informed me that through Amazon I could get a 10.8 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Dremel Rotary tool along with case, charger and accessories for $62.99, one heck of a deal/steal! So I'm anxious to get it as I realize now just how tied down I felt with the corded model I had prior. NPI

Hope everyone has a great day and a,

Very Merry Christmas and Holiday Season!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if there is a :Dmessage here for me or not.
I took my eyes off the forum to watch the scenery for a few minutes and y'all move... again!
My parents did that a couple times when I was little, but I always found them. So you need to try harder if you want to be successful.

I had another good pleasant experience watching the big and little girls play with trains. One little 4-year old tomboy had a ball running Thomas and James at the train show this Sunday. She caught on immediately to ease the throttle to start and slow the train. She wound up helping another little girl learn to run the trains with her. It was a cool day, so Mamas had lots of "well fitting" sweaters and jeans.
I certainly had a good time!:D

Say Mikey,
Some how, I've got a feeling Rex might be just a tad jealous about all the great scenery you got to look at while the train show!? Actually, speaking of that even I'm a bit, oh, hum.

Glad you had a good time and got to get some young folks interested.

Mikey I luv looking at eye candy myownself. I guess that makes me a dirty ole man also and I'm lovin it.

I'm not sure if there is a :Dmessage here for me or not.
I took my eyes off the forum to watch the scenery for a few minutes and y'all move... again!
My parents did that a couple times when I was little, but I always found them. So you need to try harder if you want to be successful.

I had another good pleasant experience watching the big and little girls play with trains. One little 4-year old tomboy had a ball running Thomas and James at the train show this Sunday. She caught on immediately to ease the throttle to start and slow the train. She wound up helping another little girl learn to run the trains with her. It was a cool day, so Mamas had lots of "well fitting" sweaters and jeans.
I certainly had a good time!:D

As soon as I can a second/third shift job.......I got to get my little layout done and to a train show!:eek: Hey mike is there room beside your table for a Dirty Ol' Man in training's layout?:confused:;):p I'm not married, yet so I can Keep what I catch!;):D

Sheeesh. 2 individuals of questionable background at the same time?:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):D:D

Good Morning..

I'm getting ready to go out to the ICD clinic to get my defibrillator checked( as well as the dressing, natch). This will follow the 1 week, 1 month, 3 months and 6 month schedule for these things...it has been an interesting time learning new sleeping positions...on back, on right side...:eek:

Anyhoooo...have yourselves a good day--and Chris, no monkeyshines...:eek::D:D

Good morning folks

It was 28 F as I hit the highways. High will be 36 F.

I have had a couple of crazy days. Work has been a lot of trying to get things done before the end of the year stuff. Trying to meet with people and get approvals or give approvals before folks take off for the Holidays. At home it has been finish getting ready for Christmas. Of course a couple of late gift request have come in and I have been out there battling the crowds. I thought I was done last week.

We got my daughter’s volleyball tournament schedule and of course there are conflicts galore. Looks like I am rescheduling a lot of things and missing a couple of my son’s Boy Scout camping trips. One of them is one I really wanted to go on at the Delaware Water Gap. Her first tournament is a three dayer in and around Lancaster, PA. We are in the process of trying to book the hotel rooms.

Tomorrow night is our Cub Scout Holiday Party. I have been trying to get all the last minute details straighten out. I have to make sure that there are enough Pollyanna gifts and get the pizzas ordered.

My son was running trains on the layout the other night. He got tired of battling the track under the tree and decided to move operations back to the layout. He says he is going to try again with the track under the tree tonight.

Today is the Christmas party at work. Tonight my daughter has volleyball practice and the parents are going to discuss the hotel situation.

I hope everybody has a good day.

12/21/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

anim_snoopy.png

1.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

:)

Status