Yard Trucks

Since Im building a intermodal yard on the newest expanse of my layout.. Im needing a couple Yard Trucks. Years ago (and I do mean YEARS) Walthers offered two different versions. Ive done a bit of looking and havent run across any current makers of em.

Heres what I'm talking about
73623962.jpg

We've got a couple @ work, too bad I dont have a shrinking Ray... :D
I'd shrink the Taylor THDC-974 container crane While I was at it.. haha

thanks for the feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a couple @ work, too bad I dont have a shrinking Ray... :D
I'd shrink the Taylor THDC-974 container crane While I was at it.. haha

thanks for the feedback

How much access do you have to them at your work? I mean, could you theoretically climb over and measure every square inch of one? If you could get me sketches and measurements, I can do the CAD to get them done. Let me know, because this is one project I've wanted to finish for years.

Ryan, well I dont know about every square inch, but I can definatly get you all the measurements ya need.. photos too. We operate 6 or 7 and the rail yard operates another three. They are all the same, capacity model.

Josh, Thanks for the heads up! I'll check em out and see what I can find. For now I think Im gonna replicate my work truck, which is a Mack, CH617 with a Hyd. lift 5th wheel. I think I got some photos of that in my Photobucket acct.

Great. PM me and we'll get the ball rolling on this. I have wanted to do this project for a long time but haven't had access (since 9/11) to any yard tractors.

Back