Wright Trak NYC Caboose Issues

shepbush

A while back I purchased a NYC Bay Window Caboose from Wright Trak and I've had some issues. First it was missing some detail parts. I contacted Wright Trak and he said he'd ship them out but after many emails, still no parts. I can scratch build what I need, so not a big deal. The other thing I noticed was no directions were included. Again I contacted them and he responded he'd send a copy out, but it's been months and nothing. There are some rough instructions on the TrainLife site, but does not go into details.

Has anyone tackled this model, and would you be generous to send me a copy of the instructions if you still have them?

A shot in the dark, but thanks in advance!

I just visited Wright Track's website and the instructions are available right there for this caboose in a light green line across the top of the website. My guess is the instructions can be printed right from the website. This is a manufacturer I had never heard of! The fact that they are a producer of kits means I should know about them, although I think their prices are pretty high! I liked their slogan: "Putting Modeling Back In Model Railroading".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the instructions are indeed downloadable from the website. I have two of their SP kits. Nice stuff. There are usually parts included to build several versions of the car, resin & etched metal parts. They aren’t cheap but they do build to rival brass.

Last edited:
Most of their models are only available as a brass model if it wasnt for their resin kits, such as the long IC caboose that is unique to the IC. I am thinking about getting one of those kits depending on a price quote for one of the OMI brass ones that I am waiting to hear back on. I had never heard of them till just the other day as well. Mike

Back