WPH 11/18 to 11/25

SD530337.jpg

I feel a little intimidated posting where the masters post. Hit a small train show yesterday and picked up a few goodies (spent nearly every dollar I had saved for it :D). The SD 40-2 is by GSB Rail Limited, didnt see many good comments about the brand anywhere on the web, but it runs good. And the Tyco MoW craine I've been wanting for some time. The silver car is a helium cylinder car, I thought is was a unique find.

Thumb001.jpg

DT&J, the approach you are taking, being thrifty, is a wise one. Sometimes a body can spend big bucks only to find he has made a serious mistake about something. Maybe eBay is your friend, but you are not likely to recoup your entire outlay. So, go slow, go cheap, learn, play, and when you are ready you can begin to acquire the more costly and finer items with the latest technology. You have an operating diesel that looks very good and runs well. What else is there?

Crandell

I managed to get another car done this week- this time it is an Athearn airslide lettered for the Milwaukee Road. The car was stripped (started as a WP car) and painted aluminum, the decaled with home-made MILW decals (from Adobe Illustrator), ACI and Lube plates from Microscale, Kadee couplers, airhoses and uncoupling levers- the car was weathered with washes to represent the car as it appeared in the mid-70s.

5196046840_2b2728705e.jpg

Matt Holman
Spring, TX

Awesome job on the car. After you print your own decals, did you spray the decal sheet with something to hold the ink?

Started building JV Models HO scale "Watson's Siding" yesterday. It is a complex of deserted building which I am doing as individual buildings for a client. Left to do it the sway backed boxcar freight station and some small sheds.

Also finished an O scale 30000 gallon water tank for eBay. Built board by board with individual shingles on the roof.

And lastly some shots of the Galveston Model Railroad Club new engine terminal that I am building in HO scale for them Three more work weeks spent at the club should see the terminal complete. This is where the 19 stall roundhouse was placed that was built in August.

Awesome job on the car. After you print your own decals, did you spray the decal sheet with something to hold the ink?

Ted,

After I print out the decals on an HP printer with waterproof inks, I sealed them with the Testor's Decal Sealant. Thanks for the compliment on the car!

Matt Holman
Spring, TX

Trent; Thanks for the compliment, been working at various layouts recently and not at home so tough to make updates.

Here are some more from the recent work at the Galvestion club, these on the EBT portion of the layout.

WOW Matt! Love the EBT stuff. I need to post some of our clubs EBT, its has developed alot since my receint shots.

Matt..... EBT? I know I will probably whack my head on something and say Duh... But what is EBT?

Back