WPH 11/18 to 11/25

P1011300.jpg

Hello Jeff,

Nice shots. What is the skinny on this little consolidation? What is the make, etc.? I'm curious...

getting ready for our open house this weekend. Set up the round house and engine house with some locos with sound. Kinda helps bring the layout alive

DJ..Love the B/W shot!! Was down your way a few weeks ago at "Field Of Screams" Great time!..
Awesome shots everyone!..Love that steamer Jeffrey!
Last couple days I changed this around alittle and poured the first layer of water. More details to add to it. This is my duck under as you enter the room.
Before and After.

Hello Jeff,

Nice shots. What is the skinny on this little consolidation? What is the make, etc.? I'm curious...
It's an old USRA 0-6-0 made by Bachmann. It was a 1980's offering with a pancake motor. The motor long since burned out and the axle sleeves on the wheels are cracked. I needed an old steam loco for a certain scene and it seemed to be the perfect candidate. Problem was I didn't have a tender to go with it, so I used a UP Grayhound tender a friend had given me. I sprated them both with rusty metal primer, applied a bit of chalk here and there and added some foliage around it. Some of it is still stuck on the model. Here are a few shots of the model in the scene I made for it.

P1010778.jpg

PA240233.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

Guys, thanks for the compliments. Being compared to that great train photographer is very humbling. I do appreciate the kind words. DJ.

Beautiful work guys!
Jeffery - Letting off a lot of steam lately, looking good. Your little 0-6-0 was our first locomotive, found the entire train set at a shop closing up for $15. I bought it for my son for Christmas and the rest is history.

Well I finished my latest project and took advantage of one the last nice days to take some portrait shots. Now to put it on the layout and I will follow up with some pictures then.

Jeffery - Letting off a lot of steam lately, looking good. Your little 0-6-0 was our first locomotive, found the entire train set at a shop closing up for $15. I bought it for my son for Christmas and the rest is history.
I have another Bachmann 0-6-0 that's even older (70's vintage) than that one and it still runs. It originally had an open frame motor but was rebuilt and remotored with a can motor. I picked it up as part of an inheritance. The Bachmann 4-8-4 (fully operational) in my photo from today is one that I picked up at a yard sale for $5.

hey guys, any of you might know what is the engine number of the black UP ac4400cw ? im starting a lil projet on this unit.

I managed to get another car done this week- this time it is an Athearn airslide lettered for the Milwaukee Road. The car was stripped (started as a WP car) and painted aluminum, the decaled with home-made MILW decals (from Adobe Illustrator), ACI and Lube plates from Microscale, Kadee couplers, airhoses and uncoupling levers- the car was weathered with washes to represent the car as it appeared in the mid-70s.

5196046840_2b2728705e.jpg

Matt Holman
Spring, TX

Back