WPF Sept. 27 - Oct. 3

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Here it is the weekend already and no one has started the best thread of the week! I guess I will do the honors for it. Lets see what everyone has been doing this last week.

I have gotten some small progress done on the SLOW this week. Last week the section I am working on looked like this:

FillampStonework09w_zpsf464dd85.png

Right now it looks like this:

FillampStonework12w_zps02ce92f6.png

Got the rail laid all the way up to where the next bridge will be and more coats of plaster and the earth colored paint (Misty Taup) put on.

The end of Kanadaque Yard. There will be a dairy next to the track on the lower right.

FillampStonework14w_zps4ca68c08.png

Here is an overview of the area as it is now:

FillampStonework15w_zpscf7b3195.png

Ray ... You are making good progress with your layout.

Below are my Northern Pacific RS3's. Decoders are now installed, and they no longer have to sit on a shelf.

dgbnprs3pv_zpscd0d0bf8.jpg

Very nice pics guys and Ray that's coming along!
Here's the first train thru Beach Jct heading to where the upper helix will be:

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
20140927_171917.jpg

Great looking stuff as usual. Garry, I love the RS3's. Modeling the D&H, I am partial to the old Alco's. Here is a shot of a local departing Binghamton yard with a tired RS11 on point. This is an old yellow box Atlas that I just installed a Tsunami DCC board in. I know the DCC costs more than I paid for the locomotive 20 yrs ago, but I think it sounds cool.

While waiting for an order to come in with some badly needed ballast, I started putting some pine trees in trying to blend the back drop into the hard shell scenery.
attachment.php

The first picture is a train coming out of a hidden staging area and starting upgrade. More pine trees are coming and with more put in above the track, it should blend in well. In the second picture, I am thinking of putting a farn in the open space to the left of the picture at some time in the future.

attachment.php

That sure looks like Montana! Nice job with the scenery, and the backdrop looks great too. Well done.

I just got a new Walthers P2K D&RGW SD45. This thing is SWEET! It runs like silk, sounds great. Walthers did a nice job on these. I can't beleive I waited this long to get some. I have 2 other SD45s D&RGWs but they are Athearn RTRs.

Now I need to weather it. All the D&RGW SD45s had rust near the dynamic break fans. I did this with my other Athearn units.

P1000855.JPG

Well I just finished weathering my new P2K D&RGW SD45.

P1000856.JPG

P1000857.JPG

And here's the protype photo I was referencing.

7000.1346161823.jpg

Too early for snow. I'll have more than I can handle in no time at all, but it is a great picture.

Went and planted a few more trees for this section of the layout. I have more on hand but I think I'll wait a while and see how this suits me. I can always put a few more in if needed. There's an open ares to the left of the second picture that I am thinking about putting a farm or ranch into. Thought I had all of my structures built, but that is always subject to change.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Man... I'm really proud of the bridge that I just built, but looking at all these pictures really makes me feel like the novice that I am. Ha, ha!

SOON! Soon I will have pics that I feel are worthy of this thread. ;)

Man... I'm really proud of the bridge that I just built, but looking at all these pictures really makes me feel like the novice that I am. Ha, ha!

SOON! Soon I will have pics that I feel are worthy of this thread. ;)

Don't worry about it man, just post your new bridge. I'm curious now. Everybody here always have something positive to say. Unlike the rivet counters.

Back