WPF Oct. 9 - 15

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Well.... Since today is Friday and the last WPF was due to end yesterday, lets get it rolling!

I have finally gotten back to doing a bit of hobby work. Been a very long Spring and Summer and no time for the nhobby. I am building a through girder bridge that will cross over the lower tracks in the area I have been rebuilding on the layout. I have one side of two of the four girders I need to build this. It will be on a curve on a return loop.

LrgGirderBrdg02w_zpsrbtwmi6w.png

Here is the stone foundation it will be attached to when finished:

LrgGirderBrdg01w_zpsoelbkmre.png

I have a long way to go with this project!!!

I like it Ray.I'm thinking of redoing two bridges on my layout, really not happy with them. Are the abutments scratch built?

Morning All,

That is going to look great Ray if it is anything like your blacksmith scene. Mike great catch.

I was delivering a hopper of coal to the local coal yard yesterday. Motive power is a BLI H10.

20151009_133959_zpsah6kwqjn.jpg

Ray .... Looks like you have another fun project. Keep up the great work.
Mike ... Your photo is excellent. Looks like one NS could use on a calendar.
Curt ... I really like the coal trestle.

Here is a shot of a Walthers CB&Q way car (caboose) on my layout.

waycaronbranchline.jpg

Lynn and others... The cut stone wall is made from plaster "stone" strips from New England Brownstone. They stain up nice and are useful for many places on my layout.

No room for a layout in my current apartment, but I was at least able to get a shelf set up. I might put a small diorama on top of the bookshelf.
20151010_181707[1].jpg20151010_181720[1].jpg20151010_181748[1].jpg

Lynn and others... The cut stone wall is made from plaster "stone" strips from New England Brownstone. They stain up nice and are useful for many places on my layout.
Thanks for the info. I need four to start.

Thanks for the info. I need four to start.

He doesn't seem to make the product I got at this time. I know he had some problems with the mold several years ago when he sent me some odds and ends and pieces when I was getting desperate... You can check out his website here and if you want the product I got which were single rows of stones, throw him an email from the site and I bet he would make some up for you.

http://www.nebrownstone.com/blog/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ray . Are you actually saying the abutment is assembled with several layers of stone strips stacked?

Thanks Ray . Are you actually saying the abutment is assembled with several layers of stone strips stacked?

Yep! Exactly... You cut the lengths to fit and make them "on location" so to speak. He makes them three different thicknesses. Here is a project under construction:

SmallGirder08w_zps51d72b63.png

And the finished project:

GirderBridge%20Scenery%2009w_zpskoydhnnl.png

Love the before and after photos Ray. All the photos from Curt and Garry are great.

Always great photos in this post. One of my favorites.

Here's my 2 cents. I am hopefully going to get back to work on my layout and took a couple of photos to get a plan together. This is the main street area and I have sihns to make for it and people will have to be added to the scene. Looks like a ghost town.

IMAG0480.jpg IMAG0481 (2).jpg

IMAG0484.jpg IMAG0485.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
f4596a19fa0eb074e7a61b3ce3c29092.jpg

Couplers just came in time to start back work on my Christmas train

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Great stuff you guys!
I'm getting in late so I'll hang on to my pics until the next thread.

No room for a layout in my current apartment, but I was at least able to get a shelf set up. I might put a small diorama on top of the bookshelf.
View attachment 52915View attachment 52916View attachment 52917

Great stuff everybody, truly works of art.

Kevin I singled yours out because it exemplifies the spirt of all of us.

Even when we don't have a layout because of a lack of room or for any other reason we can still enjoy this hobby.

My layouts are temporary until we move. All I have is tracks and trains and a few accessories but I enjoy my trains like you do yours.

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Stop by the coffee shop and say hello if have time.

Back