WPF Oct. 23 through Oct. 30

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey, hey hey! It is now Friday the 23rd. of October so lets get a new Weekly Photo Fun going!

I have gotten a bit more done on the girder bridge I am building. This will end up holding a curved track (about 28" radius) so this is a bit more complex than the other girder bridge I built last year. I have started to assemble the first of the two sections of the bridge. Next I will add the stringers between the Road Beams I installed today. Just waiting on advise from an old friend and expert on such things. I am using his basic plans for girder bridges in building this but there will have to be somne modifications to accomplish what I need to do.

LrgGirderBrdg05w_zpsjkwzpg08.png

Lets see all the great work you have accomplished!

Ray ... Thank you for starting the thread. Your workmanship with the girder bridge is outstanding.

Below is Work in Progress......

I am putting together a rural scene for the back corner of my layout extension. Buildings from left to right are scratch-built grain elevators and trackside shed; Office building made from an old Suydam metal kit; two Walthers stock yard kits combined; and a shed made from an old Campbell kit. ... I still have much more work to do with the scenery to make it look right. ... I already showed these photos in the Coffee Shop.

rural%201%20_zpszcqlf4lo.jpg

rural%202_zpswviauc7h.jpg

rural%203_zpseczbwbrj.jpg

Ray that is some outstanding bridge work!
Gary, awesome stock yard scene!
I don't have any new modelling but here's the last speeder run of the year... Maybe.
The sixth car is ours, the orange Fairmont popper with the white water jug.

image.jpg

Great work so far.

Ray- Excellent modeling.
Garry- Awesome scene and the backdrop goes very well with it.
Rico- That looks like fun.

This is the south end of my coal mine.

IMG_1423_zps252f8ef1.jpg

Here is today's accomplishments... Installed the stringers, bracing, and the knee braces.

LrgGirderBrdg06w_zpsixgyitip.png

Another angle... Starting to look like a steel girder bridge, it is.

LrgGirderBrdg07w_zpsygfrnjxp.png

It's been raining on my off days, so I've been doing some more with the trains than the Jeeps lately.

The transfer caboose is what I'd call a scrap-bashed project I've been working off and on for a while now. The roof came off an old boxcar, trucks from... I don't know, something. Handrails are copper wire bent and soldered together. The steps were floating around in the scrap box. This is the first piece I've made like this- it's just been paint and decals before this.
20151025_000326[1].jpg
The Baldwin is an old Athearn blue box model that's fitted with a decoder and given a new look. This was the first model I ever bought 20 years ago.
20151025_000359[1].jpg

Last week's project. A Phillips 66 station. This winter's job is to build and complete the downtown of my layout. I've got this and one other gas station. A couple of downtown stores, a movie house and a city hall. Keeping in mind this little town is in northern Wisconsin or Minnesota all I need next is 3 or 4 more bars.
Phillips 66 station.jpgPhillips 66 station #2.jpg

Some really great photos guys. When I get some time, I guess I should get a photo posted. Great work.

Rico, Curt, and Jim81147.. Thanks for kind remarks.
Curt ... Coal mine looks great.
Ray ... Girder bridge certainly has lots of details.
GPwrangler ... Nice job making the caboose. Looks great with the Baldwin switcher.
Souleman .. Your 66 station is outstanding.
LATX UP 6922 looks good
Dave S. Your night scene is fabulous.
Chet... I like the turntable scene.

Pumpkin Time:

pumpkinscaboose1_zps57832e15.jpg

Also, an update on my new scene.:

rural%20b_zpsu6xcg1q4.jpg

A day late and a thousand dollars short. This is what I was working on last week. I now have a backdrop on the layout.
da109d22b2ab203837ef13130d2f6d1d.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back