WPF Oct. 16-22

PlowGuy

I've never started this Thread before so here goes!!!!

Hope this finds everyone ready for a good weekend!!!... Wishing I still lived in New England to take advantage of all the fall weekend train shows and meets!!! Speaking of fall and New England, Here is my latest project.

Started as an old Walthers Russell Snowplow kit (Single Track) which I modified to be a Double track. ENJOY!!!

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow very nice, great job! I really need to spiff mine up one of these days.
And in a similar vein here's a piece of machinery I hauled that only a railfan would see something else in...
image.jpg

Forgot to say how great that scenery looks too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some really nice work Plowguy. Excellent.

I'll post a before and after photo this week.

IMAG0323.jpg IMAG0347.jpg

Don't have many of these because the majority of the layout was done years ago before digital photography became commonplace.

Chet,

Damn, what a difference - between you and Jay what chance does someone like me have!

Jay,

How on earth do you get your scenes to look so very very realistic? They are truly amazing.

A vintage Athearn metal PRR X32b. I got it at a swap meet, very competently assembled as it was.

PRR_59456.jpg

But with that plow you'd finish up with a wall of snow between the tracks.

On the first pass they would open up the side wing a bit to remove the snow between the pair of tracks onto the second set, so that on the return trip it would all get removed with the plow.

Thank you all for the kind words!!!

On the first pass they would open up the side wing a bit to remove the snow between the pair of tracks onto the second set, so that on the return trip it would all get removed with the plow.

Thank you all for the kind words!!!

Ah, I see. Didn't know (not having snow) that that side could move out.

Off to a great start from everyone!
Okay here's a couple more pics that are more in keeping with the thread.
I just started the grade up to the second level.
image.jpg
Then I thought it was missing something so I cut a section of the roadbed out, turned an N-scale bridge upside down and added a 4x6 edging to it.
image.jpg
All I need now is for Jay to stop over and work his water magic!

Nice stuff here already this weekend!

Plow Guy, love the snow equipment you have done! Excellent! Grampy, Wonderful as always my friend!

I haven't got anything photogenic to show this week, but I am back at creating the SLO&W and really enjoying getting a bit of hobby time in. I am building a Girder Bridge that will have a curved track running over it. The entire bridge will be scratch built and I hope will earn an NMRA Merit Award when completed (Toward the Structure Certificate). As of tonight the 4 basic girders are almost finished.

LrgGirderBrdg03w_zpslog4phun.png

The next thing will be to cut the ends of the girders (notice some have overhanging strips) to fit the exact angle they will be, and then to put the rivits in place before I join them and work on the under bracing.....

Great pics everyone.... heres whats on my bench now... started off as an Athearn Blue Box Undecorated Trainmaster.... Pan Am or even Guilford for that matter never had one of these, but I always wanted one of these bahemoths!!!

003.jpg

Plow Guy .... I'm pressed with your snow plows. You are ready for winter.
Chet ... I like your before and after photos.
Jay ... Your SD45 is nearly hidden in your gorgeous scenery.
Ray ... Your workmanship for the bridge is definitely first calls.
Rico ... Looks like good, solid bench work.
JWB ... The old metal Athearn boxcar looks great.

Below is an SD9 with a coal train running behind Reggie's Junkyard.

SD9345scrapyard_zps77f2855c.jpg

Here are a couple of GP-38's that I am working on for a customer. He wants to use them as promo items for the company, which is why they are the same road number.

I created the decals in GIMP from the company logo as well as from pictures I found on the net and printed them on our inkjet printer.

I still have lot of work left to do!

P1020973.jpgP1020981.jpg

Back