WPF Oct. 13 - 19

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Well, well, well! Here it is "Lost Explorer Day" and nobody has started the greatest thread of the week yet! Guess I will have to do the honors again.

Haven't been doing much that is terribly photogenic, but have made some progress on the Dairy. Since last week I have installed new roofing on the old kit. You can see the original plastic (ugh) roofing on the right hand side.

HowardsDairy05w_zps339aee3f.png

Before final gluing the roof was painted to look like it should. I also set one of the old Reefers from the dairy behind the building to test the fit behind the dairy for the cars:

HowardsDairy07w_zpsd3a4911a.png

I have also been working on lighting and making plans to add a roof on the front of the building where farmers will be dropping off and picking up milk cans.

Let's see what you have been doing!

Nice job on the roofing Ray. But I think you should have left the metal roof unpainted, it just looks better to me anyways.

Ray I like the foundation on the dairy as well! I did some work on my logging scene, check it out:

logging 004.jpg

I couldn't get any trains in it along with the detail of the activity, but the GN SW 12 is in the background.

Thanks for viewing, lasm

It looks like we're off to a good start this week with the Dairy, Logging scene, and Service track; well done fellows.

I just finished a Barrel Factory in HO scale.
Thanks for looking,
D.A.

Barrel Factory 1 HO Scale.jpg

Barrel Factory 3 HO Scale.jpg

Barrel Factory 4 HO Scale.jpg

Great job on everything as usual. The Dairy is coming along great. I really like the new roof. That Barrel factory is very cool as well! Here is one of my Genesis GP38-2 that I was working on during college football last Saturday. I weathered them up to prototype photos and added the strike out that D&H put on them temporarily until they could be repainted.

20141011_123449_Richtone(HDR).jpg20141011_123508_Richtone(HDR).jpg

jwb, I will have to take some pictures maybe this weekend. I currently have all of the rolling stock that was in the yard pulled up onto the mainline while I work on a ballast project. Needed them out of the way. Once I am done, I will get some photos for you.

Saw this and had to have it:

ModDesireThreeQuarterSmall_zps00e807bc.jpg

MosddesireSideSmall_zpsdb3c2b24.jpg

Looks like something that belongs in a 70's cartoon doesn't it? Well You're close! Here's the prototype. I used to see it run in Pittsburgh in the early seventies:

Moddesire1_zps9faf168b.jpg

Bowser did a pretty good job on it I think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back