WPF Nov. 29 - Dec. 5

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey hey hey, Lets get the next edition of the best thread on the forum going!

I have gotten a guard rail made and installed on the small girder bridge I have built. I made the points using a Fast Track #6 turnout jig, and then just cut and bent some old code 70 rail I have had for many years to fit.

SmallGirder32w_zpsc0182d58.png

You can see I have installed some fishplates to join the rails properly. The track behind and below is in the process of being ballasted. Ballast is down, just needs to be glued in place. Maybe later tonight. Another angle:

SmallGirder33w_zpse8e5f824.png

Then the rail gets rusted....

SmallGirder35w_zps7a501598.png

SmallGirder34w_zpse6472d22.png

Lets see what you have been doing!

Lookin'good.How about a pic from street level going back to the back drop?

Lookin'good.How about a pic from street level going back to the back drop?

Ha.... That will next week, maybe. I got a bit of the track on the fill ballasted today. As soon as the gravel road, driveway to the dairy and a bit of scenery is done, I will do several of the bridge from street level with the backdrop visible.

Closest I have now is this one from a couple months ago:

SmallGirder29w_zpsc781daa4.png

Thanks Catt.

Working on a man made bumper for a spur, still need to ballast the track but thoughts on the rails used and pile of gravel?

8333f1a8697407972c519086e02b843e.jpg

Thanks
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw two tracks with piles of gravel used as stops at the end today. Both piles were almost as tall as the boxcars that were on the tracks. I've seen them before but the piles were never that big, usually only about five or six feet.

Catt you're our official thread starter now!
Steve I've seen stops like that too, looks god!
I still haven't done much layout wise but I did set up some passenger equipment yesterday to take inventory.

image.jpg

Ray--nice bridge work
Steve-- great idea on stop!
Rico--nice lineup!

Here is a boarding house I put some signs on, added a sidewalk and the sign, closeup shows a little more work to do!!

boarding house 002.jpg

boarding house 001.jpg

Thanks for looking--lasm

Nice stuff, guys!
My wife took this and a bunch of others while I was showing off the layout to friends. I didn't know til I saw it as a screensaver on her phone. What a wife!!

Screenshot_2014-11-30-18-31-58_zpsvz2ka1ox.png

Terry in NW Wisconsin

Downtown Bel-aire,MI. My N scale version of the real town.:)

Attachments

• Downtown_1.jpg
    Downtown_1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
My latest fleet additions. Couldn't decide whether to put this in the "latest investment" thread, the "how do your run your F3/F7" thread or some where else, so I just decided to put it here. Two passenger ABBA sets of F3s, a GP9, and a lone KCS Erie Built. One ABBA set is Genesis and the other Proto by Walthers. Can't decide which I like better. The Walther's are the first "long bonnets" I've gotten since the Stewart FTs in the early 1990s?.
SantaFeFunits.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent lineup Iron Horseman! Many wishes for happy scale miles with them. Looking forward to hearing your experiences between the F3 sets as these are two options that interest me a lot! Thanks for posting.

Yannis

Back