WPF Nov. 24 - 29

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey....... So nobody got the thread going yet? We're late this week. Show what you have been working on!

I have started the second half of the Girder Bridge. The new section is on the left. Hope to have it basically together and ready to decal by tomorrow.

LrgGirderBrdg21w_zpsxi6y3a04.png

LrgGirderBrdg22w_zpszzxkdbt6.png

The two sections will be joined together after I finish the decaling.

The first locomotive with the official color Scheme of the Whistle Stop Railroad has rolled onto the tracks.

78773ACF-550A-44A7-810E-35BC5A376FC2_zpsomnje3hm.jpg

Now it just needs some numbers and a company logo...

Bet that second bridge is going together pretty quick after doing the first one, looks great Ray!
And great paint scheme Mr K! Love those shingles too, thought it was a real background!
I don't have any modelling to show off but I did get a shot of the Lake Line Railway's current power before the snow set in.
image.jpg

Got quite a bit more done on the second half of the bridge done in the last couple days... The bracing has been completed, and I have put in the stiffeners along the girder insides.

LrgGirderBrdg23w_zpsgfz7d1qs.png

LrgGirderBrdg24w_zpseftutsdx.png

Yes Rico, this half has been much easier to do as I expected....

I hope to be decaling it by the weekend.

BUMP....

Let's bring this weeks thread back to the top and let the one from 2011 go back to the archives... LOL

Here is my contribution....

So I buy a lot of train stuff off eBay and other websites, couldn't think of what to do with all the business cards enclosed with my orders.... So I made a temporary billboard that is behind a small part of track that runs along the garage wall.

Guess I can keep adding to it as I get new ones!

90f72fdfc454a8fa425f6bf3dd251bfd.jpg

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and that you found some time to play with the trains.

I did a little painting this week.
image.jpg

Nice job on the loco's Gary , very clean lines .

Dave , lots of business going on there . Are those pulpwood stacks resin ? good looking scene .

Bet that second bridge is going together pretty quick after doing the first one, looks great Ray!
And great paint scheme Mr K! Love those shingles too, thought it was a real background!
I don't have any modelling to show off but I did get a shot of the Lake Line Railway's current power before the snow set in.
View attachment 54088
So the lake line got some new power is this one also leased, at least it's an alco! Awesome shot, nice for a new shortline

Dave S--Really nice pulp yard shot. I always wondered why they use 4' pulpwood out east and 8' in the midwest. Here are a couple shots of my (retired) loggers shanty:

Having a little conversation, rolling a cigarette

shack 002.jpg

View from the other side:

shack 004.jpg

Dave , lots of business going on there . Are those pulpwood stacks resin ? good looking scene .

Thanks. Yes they are. i'd like to replace them with razor chopped twigs and I have started on the car being loaded but it's a really tedious process to make them.

logandsawman I like the tools hung up on the walls. Nice relief to them.

Back