WPF Nov 22 - 28

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
What? Where is THEE THREAD??? Guess I'll get it going for us...

I have finally found a bit of time to work on a few items on the SLOW. The Dairy now has two stairways leading to the doorways, and a bumper-board along the front of the loading dock. I will need to do some touch up to the stone wall as I see there are a few places that the white glue must have oozed out and sealed the stone. No problem just one more thing to do.

HowardsDairy11w_zps4a16b621.png

I also got the PC ties going up the fill to the small bridge painted to look like ties. I start with Roof Brown, and then finish with Grimy Black. They blend in pretty well when finished. In this photo you can tell where the PC ties are because the rail hasn't been "rusted" yet. You can see the solder spots reflect in the photo.

PaintedTies01w_zps7c562eb7.png

But down in the yard with the rail painted and details in place, I think you may have a bit more trouble finding the PC Ties... I can only find one in the photo. There is about 10.

PaintedTrack05w_zpsf23f93eb.png

Just waiting for ballast to be added now.

Lets see what you have been working on!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks good although I can't that I understand the meaning of the topic.new here.

WPF=Weekly Photo Fun. It's a chance to show everyone what you've been working on or have done on your layout, a loco, a car, a structure, etc. It gives inspiration or ideas to some, is motivational to others and is a chance to connect with all.

RAY thanks for starting the thread this week and posting the updates!! Nice job!

DA--Nice structures and detail!

I got some more detailing done on my sawmill, this is the third layout this has been on:

new3 003.jpg

lasm

I know what that grave digger's thinkin', "wish they'd stop shootin' the Sherriffs, this b%&*dy ground's got too many rocks"

Although I have a post for this, thought I'd post it here as well:

IMG_0875_zpscc2813b7.jpg

It's suppose to be a scratch built pedestrian cross over of the imaginary kind. Not sure what I'll do with it when done but building it is keeping out trouble, more or less :)

Ray ... You dairy is progressing nicely.
DA ... Your funeral parlor looks good.... Boot Hill has character.
Montanan ... Number 184 looks great coming down the line.
LASM ... I like your sawmill.
Tony ... The pedestrian bridge looks good so far.

Here is "Reggie's Junk Yard". You can see Reggie working on his stock car. His auto parts business is housed in a building he made from an old wood box car he bought from the railroad. Watch out for "Dawg", a mean junk yard dog.

ScrapD.jpg

scrapyard4.jpg

GE44Tscrapyarrd_zps28470025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work from everyone!
I'm going to cheat and post something from a friend who passed away.
We're slowly dismantling his empire and not sure how we'll get this out of the resin wharf...

image.jpg

D.A. Excellent looking building, my kinda look
lasm the sawmill is coming nicely, I've always struggled using green but your making it work.
D.A BootHill looks like a nice quiet place to relax.
montanan that is one fantastic shot.
Tony keep moving forward its looking good.
Garry really fantastic detailing, amazing.That fence really makes the scene.
Rico maybe you can cut the wharf out and leave it as a complete scene.

Back