I thought I'd start this week off with some CLEAN CLOTHES!

O Scale Building.jpgModel Train Building.jpg

Got some laundry going up with a car wash next door.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Not according to the moons on the doors. Moon is female, star is male. At least in the pre-icon days.

Ahhh ... the insight of some people - Uni Sex Dunnies OR maybe an even more advanced reason that has something to do with the home occupants sexual orientation :)

Oops, can I say that in here????

Maybe it has to do with the size of that women. It'll be interesting to see how many people notice

Actually when I built the diorama, I had intentions of putting a star on each door beside the quarter moons, which is what was basically used here in the South after the turn of the century. Since the area was so small and the star would be so small, I opted not to do so.

D.A.

My grand parents had "six hole" out houses for the farm workers. There was one "large" hole, 4 normal, and and one "small" hole. The family out house only had 2. I was so glad when they got indoor plumbing (1962).

That is something I've not seen anyone model. As I recall it had an entry on either side without doors that one had to zig zag into. I wonder those structures are in the background of their old pictures laying about in boxes.

I installed a highway overpass over my yard to try to break up the large span of open area and yard tracks. I think it adds a lot of realism to the scene. I still need to weather it.

IMAG0717.jpg

I installed a highway overpass over my yard to try to break up the large span of open area and yard tracks. I think it adds a lot of realism to the scene. I still need to weather it.

Reminds me of growing up in Springfield MO back in the day and the viaduct that went over the Frisco yards right by their locomotive maintenance facilities. Always loved when Mom & Dad would drive over that bridge. Nice addition to the layout.

Model Train Structures .... Nice outhouse scene. ... Meanwhile back at the outhouse, things are piling up. :rolleyes:
Montanan ..... I like your residential scene.
Bridgeliner ..... Bridge looks great.

Here is a M of W shed scene on my layout.

waycarPV_zpscfe2eef0.jpg

Reminds me of growing up in Springfield MO back in the day and the viaduct that went over the Frisco yards right by their locomotive maintenance facilities. Always loved when Mom & Dad would drive over that bridge. Nice addition to the layout.

Mike that's the second time I've heard that! Maybe I should sell off all the D&H rolling stock and switch to Frisco! Garry, love the MOW scene. Great work by all as usual.

Lionel SD40-2 6-28246.jpg

Here is my new Lionel SD40-2 and an example of how a layout should not look!

Please excuse my mess I am reorganizing my inventory so I can actually find something when I am looking for it.

Please excuse my mess I am reorganizing my inventory so I can actually find something when I am looking for it.

I tried that once Louis. It takes away the thrill you get when you finally find what you've been looking for. :p

finding something you know you have is overrated. instead of searching, just buy a new one. found it is the easiest and quickest way to find the one you already had.

Back