WPF Jan. 25 - 31

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey you guys!!!! Where is the best thread of all this week? Nobody feel like starting it eh? Guess I will then. Lets show off what we have been working on, shall we!

After several weeks that have been way too busy to even think about Model Railroading, I have had a few hours to get back to work on the area I am completing. The last time I showed this area it looked like this:

SmallGirder33w_zpse8e5f824.png

Now it looks a bit better I think. Still a lot left to do before It will meet with my approval, but getting there:

GirderBridge%20Scenery%2002w_zpsa5bzsgyy.png

GirderBridge%20Scenery%2003w_zpsuxaabqta.png

GirderBridge%20Scenery%2006w_zpsioo007mb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, your modeling is always outstanding. My layout is pretty much complete, so here's a shot of the bridge over Roaring Creek.

d7d3e897-d388-4a61-a9e5-fc6c64bc1863_zpse6ca7b73.jpg

I've seen a photo of real RR using an cut in half damaged cover hopper to store sand. I thought it was a great idea for the RR and to also model. The sand drops down into the apparatus under the hopper and is pushed to up to the sanding tower by an air compressor stored in the adjacent building. This is how it worked in the New York Central yard in Brewster, NY but the hopper was not cut in half. Because I took this part of my layout down I put the model in storage for now. Good idea for anyone thinking about building some yard structures.

jv_extra_3_sanding_tower.jpg

Here is an old covered hopper car used to load trucks, this is located near Voltaire, ND and is just south of Highway 52 between Minot and Jamestown.

No longer in use, they did not bother to dismantle it:

aerial view grain car loader.jpg

Second photo is view from Highway 52 looking southwest:

grain car.jpg

My layout is pretty much complete

Does anyone else not understand this sentence?

I have never even come close to saying this about a layout. hahahaha

"Done" really means "Time to add this one more piece! Or expand the layout!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray und Jay, wow... great scenes!
I love when trains run in and behind trees!
George love the service area, I'm planning on something similar!
Skipjacks I didn't understand that one either!

I'd share a picture but for some reason they keep turning out upside down when I post.
Anyone have an idea why?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 174
I'd share a picture but for some reason they keep turning out upside down when I post.
Anyone have an idea why?

I think it's because you don't pay attention.

Got a bit more done on the scene today. Last night I stained the stonework and painted the soil.... Also planted some more trees on the near side of what is the driveway into Howard's Dairy to the right of what you see. Tonight I added weeds, and stuff to the area above and below the stonework and put some foliage on the New trees.

GirderBridge%20Scenery%2007w_zpstvth6jiq.png

GirderBridge%20Scenery%2008w_zpszoeaeazq.png

Thank you sir!

Tony, are you an NMRA member? I ask because Canisteo, NY is in my Division. There will be a Region Convention, Mortimer Junction, in Rochester in May of this year. If you want more info let me know...

Ray, Jay, George, and Rico great progress and work as usual! I really look forward to seeing the pics each week.

Everybody behave . . . .there's a new Sheriff in town!

Thanks for looking,
D.A.
Sheriff.jpg

Excellent work everyone. Hopefully I'll get something new to share soon. I've been lying low around here since getting unintentionally 'retired' the first of the year. I've been busy job hunting, something I hadn't needed to do for 30 years.

Back