WPF for 16 - 23 October

Selector

I guess someone has to start it off....:cool:

IMG_5954csharadj.png

-Crandell

Weekly Photo Fun 10/16-10/23

Thank you mods, Jim and Mlw.. Crandell, that's a great looking loco and I, too like the rock work.
Jeffrey, that's a nice looking scene.
Karl, I like the station and that "57" Chev.
DJ.

Alco FA2 No.9610 crossing Hammer Creek.

P1040124.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to be the one to say this, but we seem to have 2 threads going this weekend.... Grampy already started it but it got buried by another post.......

Tha said, great photo Crandell!

Great shot Selector
icon14.gif

Is that a BLI steamer? Looks terrific.

Thanks for posting / sharing / starting :)

DJ, your picture of the FA crossing the bridge was superb, as usual. I really like all the detail work on that bridge.

Crandell, is that another one of your "real" rocks in your pic? It sure looks real and blends in great with surrounding scenery. Not a bad steam engine either. ;)

GrampysTrains; Great shot of that FA2
icon14.gif

I hope you don't mind me stealing your shot and posting it here:)

Posted by GrampysTrains

Alco FA2 No.9610 crossing Hammer Creek.

P1040124.jpg

Thanks, fellas. Grampy, great shot!

Yes, the rock is my own this time, Jim. Joe Fugate's ground goop over aluminum window screen, carved up, and then stained with burnt umber, black, some grey, lighter tan...whatever seemed to flow. I am glad you like it.

And yes, that is the BLI Paragon model. I am fairly certain the C&O T-1 version would be a keeper as well.

-Crandell

The newest power on the rails here, just picked it up Tuesday. Yeah, the smoke in the photo looks a bit overdone, but the Mrs liked it, so it stays.
The engine is a Key C&O 2-8-4 with a heavily reworked driveline, runs super smooth. :D

Attachments

• C&O2771.jpg
    C&O2771.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 225
Crandell, your "fake" rock look as good as your "real" rock, even down to the layers and cracks. Very impressive.

Jeffrey, that's a busy looking scene on your layout.

Karl, I like those old Key engines. Nice paint and weathering job. I'm glad you wife likes the smoke. :)

Thanks for helping out, Ken.

Nice pictures everyone. I've been building kits left and right, but nothing is worth sharing right now. Some day I'll have a shot to show.

Though I took many more pictures than this on our trip, I don't want to bore you. Here are a few snaps from the train ride from Minneapolis to Winona MN. We basically followed the Mississippi river the whole time. We ended up riding in the Amtrak coach. Oh it's old alright, 1985!:rolleyes::) Oh well, it had a nice ride with clean bathrooms!

Trainride-lacrosse-twins051.png

Trainride-lacrosse-twins052.png

Trainride-lacrosse-twins082.png

Trainride-lacrosse-twins069.png

Grampy, Crandell, and all the rest..... Wow! Always love this thread! Corey you and the Mrs. look like you had a good time!

I went on a trip with the Central New York Division of the NMRA today. They traveled from Syracuse, NY to Medina, NY to visit the Medina RR Museum. First stop was Ridge Road Station, a Train/Model/Hobby/Christmas all year around store. Inside there is a huge "G" scale layout. A couple of photos:

RidgeRoadStation05w.png

RidgeRoadStation01w.png

Then we traveled on to the Medina Railroad Museum which also has a huge layout that fills most of an old NYC Freight house. This one is HO. Here is a shot from just past the halfway point of the layout. The Dispatcher's Office is at the halfway point of the layout and the florescent lighting in the middle goes to the other end of the layout.......

MuseumLayout04w.png

Here is a couple more of that layout:

MuseumLayout12w.png

MuseumLayout05w.png

This is the 1/1 scale loco that pulled the NYC 20th. Century Special cars we rode on for a couple of hours:

TrainTrip8w.png

I just did a small photo shoot for one of my favourite projects. It's a wonder this one still exists, as the roof started to leak rain a few inches away from it. Recognise any of the covers?

Back