WPF Feb15th to Feb 22nd

Rico

BN Modeller
Well since we seemed to have skipped the last WPF I thought I'd kick this one off before it's too late!
No modeling to show off but did get three walls painted in the Chamber of the Sacred Rails!
It's supposed to be "clear sky blue" but not sure I like it yet...

Yes Karl, still chewing on the elephant!:D

Well,just because I can here is a pic of my newest Grande Valley Railway loco.

Story is it is a ex CPR GP35 rebuilt to GP38-3 specs.Actually all I've done is remove the CPR lettering and nose and long hood end stripes and apply my GVR decals.The red paint was in good shape so thanks to management it has become the very first red GVR loco.

gvr5016.jpg

Did I mention it is Z scale? :D

Hey Rico - looking good! Still sucking drywall dust out of everything? That is one job I will never enjoy.

NJ International RS-1. An oldie I pickup up on Ebay. Stripped it down, fixed the solder problems, added some detail, new motor and Tsunami sound. Ready for the local mixed.

827_01.jpg

827_02.jpg

Well since we seemed to have skipped the last WPF I thought I'd kick this one off before it's too late!
No modeling to show off but did get three walls painted in the Chamber of the Sacred Rails!
It's supposed to be "clear sky blue" but not sure I like it yet...

Yes Karl, still chewing on the elephant!:D

Good to see progress Corey. Looks good (the room) but I think your elephant is too dark, or maybe its the pictures,,looks like a storm is coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
A unique EMD center -cab switcher was going through heavy maintenance (i.e. initial building) sits on shop trucks awaiting the engine shop to finish the prime movers before final body work is finished.

IMAG1213_zps4771326e.jpg

IMAG1212_zpsbdd89246.jpg

A high-rail truck rolls past on the "new" mainline as trackwork is ongoing to realign some severe curves. (lots of new things happening at Rowe Yard)

IMAG1214_zpse31a34d1.jpg

As always this thread has some amazing modeling being shown....

I have started putting a corner scene that will have a road going from the city of Kanandaqua back into the hills. The road will have an at grade crossing over one track and then under a RR overpass and then into the end of the yard area. Here is a series of what has been accomplished so far:

Plaster central. Plaster cloth over foam with a couple of coats of diluted joint compound and some plaster rock castings.

HillScenery02w_zps0f4f359b.png

Similar photo with the rock castings painted. Yes I know they are dark, but they will lighten a bit as they dry. Photo was right after I painted them.

HillScenery05w_zps14def4f6.png

Again similar shot after the earth has been painted onto the plaster. Again the color will change as it dries. Amazing how well the camera points out the little spots the paint brush missed...

HillScenery06w_zps4b5b42a5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A few shots with my new Gorilla Pod . . . as you can see, you can use it just about anywhere to get unique shots.

IMG_1115_zps7c86e9b2.png

IMG_1114_zpseb48ff24.png

IMG_1125_zps550d5aa8.png

John Longhurst, Winnipeg

Just want to update my earlier post and show what I got done yesterday and today.

HillScenery08w_zpsa4634c27.png

A bit different angle:

HillScenery09w_zpsff7526a1.png

Closer...

HillScenery10w_zps5e5d151a.png

And one close-up of the rock face.

HillScenery11w_zpsa6a9d340.png

Obviously much, much more to do, but getting there!

Ray,

That creek scene is going to look great, I like how you did the rock out croppings also. Can't wait to see that scene finished!

Ray,

That creek scene is going to look great, I like how you did the rock out croppings also. Can't wait to see that scene finished!

Thank you sir! What you see isn't a creek though, it is an old dirt/gravel road like they had back in 1925... By the time I get through I hope the road appears to disappear into the back drop.

Some of the rock outcrops are real limestone from a local quarry here, and others are made from molds using hydrocal. The hydrocal is stained with the woodland scenics stone paints.

Had a few minutes to work on my SD60 project's. Installed brass lift rings in place of the plastic molded on ones and glued in the detail associates winterization hatch's.
0219131607a.png

0219131607.png

Back