WPF Apr. 18 - 24

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Hey, hey, hey! It's Saturday already, so let's get THEE thread going for the week. Lets see what you have been doing and share.

Got a bit more scenery done in the last few days (and got a couple photos of it...):

KeukaCreek13w_zpsodnh5yvw.png

One looking right down the creek. Yes I see there is a bit of cleanup needed in the creek.... LOL I will be adding more "water" in the creek later.

KeukaCreek14w_zps78aizaz6.png

What a nifty and convincing scene you have there, Ray. Please accept my compliments!

I am between layouts, sort of, but here is a recent acquisition. It's a BLI Paragon 2 Brass Hybrid Union Pacific 2-12-4 making its slow crawl up to a double-main truss bridge.

New-Out99999_edited_2res_zpsf0tlhu60.png

Ray, that scene is really turning out fantastic. That's a great looking brute of a loco and scene, Crandell. A shot of a couple of TOFC's in the yard.

P1050240.jpg

ATSF S-4 1526 switching out a shadow-stripe baggage-lounge -- probably for the California Limited.

IMGP3284.JPG

I haven't posted in this section in a while, so here's an oldie but goodie! The pride of the fleet, the Queen of the rails;

Ps4b_zpsifdjyvwl.png

With no hills or heavy grades, she'll be on time easily to NOLA. Fireman has her steaming easy, with little to no visible smoke out the stack. That's a sign of a good fireman. This will change as soon as she gets out of town and really starts to build up to speed.

Ray ... Your scenery is looking fabulous.
Crandell ... That's an impressive shot of the 2-12-4
Jay ... I really like the Pennsy TOFC equipment.
jwb ... I would be interested if you told us more about the shadow striped Sanat Fe baggage-lounge car.
Carey ... Your Queen of the SRails is beautiful.

Here is my CB&Q sleeper lounge car, Happy Hollow Club. i made it from a kit from NKP Car Company. CB&Q gave up on shadow stripes on its modernized heavyweight cars. Car wash machines would rub off the stripes. Otherwise, it would look a bit like JWB's Santa Fe heavyweight car.

HHC1_zps608b09fb.jpg

It's a High Country Brass model c 1980? of an original heavyweight Super Chief car. These went to lower priority trains and had several color schemes by the late 1940s. I sometimes paint my own brass, but had this one custom painted with Micro Scale shadow stripe decals.

So these shadow stripes on the cars would have had the "underside" of the corrugation painted in a darker shade to accentuate the ribbing?

Wowzers ! Great pictures this morning. Kudos to all. Here my puny two cents.

Misc trains 020.jpg

This little prairie was rescued from a friends scrap box about 25 years ago. The turntable was scratch built in brass.

I just got finished installing my third Tsunami SoundCar sound decoder for rolling stock. I swapped out a pair of power trucks off an Athearn Genesis Reefer onto an Exact Rail TTX Box car. I used a Railmaster 8 ohm bass reflex speaker #DLG-8. This was a fairly simple install, and the speaker sounds really good.
Install #1.jpgSound Holes.jpgFinished.jpg

REALLY nice pictures this week, here is my oxen team bringing the logs into the landing, flat car being loaded in back...

logging 004.jpg

Back