Wpf 9/20/15 - 9/26/15

NYC_George

Where my Steam Wheels project is at the current date. It's appx 9ft wide / 3ft high made of wood painted to look like metal. Need to add more ties and short piece of rail and ballast. It also needs a few detailed items to be added to the value gear and it will be done. It runs manually.

steam_wheels_98.jpg

NYC George .. That's very interesting... Thanks for showing it.

Below are some SD's with an ore train.

SDs%20bridge_zpslt11mss7.jpg

Nice bridges Garry. Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes it does operate by tuning one of the wheels or rods. I bought some small round table tops at Home Depot and used a router to make the wheels and round ends of the rods. It creates a lot of attention when someone visits the house. They usually say and what is this?

George

NYC George .. That's very interesting... Thanks for showing it.

Below are some SD's with an ore train.

SDs%20bridge_zpslt11mss7.jpg

The water damage on the concrete pilings is really well done.

And the way the landscape blends with the wall painting so it looks like the horizon really flows into the sky is incredibly well done. It gives you the illusion of real depth

You sure come up with some great pictures Garry. Excellent.

I'm going to post a few before and after pictures today.

IMAG0405.jpg IMAG0539.jpg

This is how the area looks now. Still a lot of work to do.

0007.jpg Can't wait to get back to work on the layout. Hopefull my remodeling will be done for the year in about a month.

George, Chet,and Skipjacks ... I certainly appreciate your comments.

Chet ..... I like the before and after photos of the roundhouse scene.

Here is an Accurail P-S 4750 hopper that came as a light grey data only car. I adder the MRL decals and weathered it with a light application of oil washes and dry brushing.
MRL 450032 #3.jpgMRL 450032 #5.jpg

If it wasn't for the frog and guard rails in the turnout, that could be a 1:1 scale pic. But then, IS that a real turnout??

Wow great stuff from everyone!
Trent it's good to see you posting again!
I did a little more work on the papermill, here's the beginning of the chip truck dumper.
image.jpg

Nice work everyone!

I'll keep this thread rolling. More work on the peninsula; this time focusing on the lumber camp.

photo 1.jpg

Something I came across the other day and thought this would be the best place to post it. :)

518A6F15-B0D0-449C-800D-CBA4BFCAC75C_zpswnk7tsna.jpg

06B1FC61-AA51-4591-9231-D7DDC5A43D6E_zpsfxtu0bpu.jpg

C79E8234-F0CC-49C3-901F-C6446790A14C_zpsvtzvrcz3.jpg

Back