Wpf 8/31 - 9/6

This is sure a cute little loco. P2K GP20
GiftsforXmas010.png

GiftsforXmas011.png

GiftsforXmas012.png

GiftsforXmas013.png

With plenty of great detail
GiftsforXmas017.png

Going to the Western Pacific Railroad Museum tomorrow to participate in their "Run a Locomotive" program. I'll operate QRR 1100 and SP 2873. I'm so excited. I'll get some pics and videos up when I get the chance to.

So how was it Nick? Who was your RAL instructor?

Tom Carter
Director, Webmaster
Feather River Rail Society
Western Pacific Railroad Museum
A 501(c)3 Non Profit Corporation
Portola, California
www.wplives.org
tomwcarter@gmail.com

It was a BLAST! Two hours behind the throttle of two amazing locos. First hour in QRR 1100, a TR6-A (former SP 1100). It's so hard to see around the long hood on her, I see why Sierra Pacific Ind. runs their locos in reverse. Second hour was in SP 2873, a GP9E in faded Kodachrome paint. I love this loco! She handles well for her age, and can stop on a dime. My instructor, I believe was Bill Parker. My camera settings were left in a screwy setting from it's last use, so all of my pictures have a bad white balance. I'm working on editing around 90 minutes of video, and I'll try to get some stills from that. It is definitely something I will be doing every summer.

It was a BLAST! Two hours behind the throttle of two amazing locos. First hour in QRR 1100, a TR6-A (former SP 1100). It's so hard to see around the long hood on her, I see why Sierra Pacific Ind. runs their locos in reverse. Second hour was in SP 2873, a GP9E in faded Kodachrome paint. I love this loco! She handles well for her age, and can stop on a dime. My instructor, I believe was Bill Parker. My camera settings were left in a screwy setting from it's last use, so all of my pictures have a bad white balance. I'm working on editing around 90 minutes of video, and I'll try to get some stills from that. It is definitely something I will be doing every summer.

Awesome! I did the "your hand at the throttle" on The Valley Railroad in CT. It was beyond awesome! Being able to operate a 2-8-2 steam locomotive is indescribable.

Back