Wpf 8-19/8-25

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1291800.jpg

P1291803.jpg

P1251759.jpg

P1301807.jpg

Jeffrey, some nice work there.... Glad you "discovered" weathering powders! Looking great!

Grampy!!! WOW! another absolutely world class shot of you're beautiful layout...

I haven't had any time for the HO scale stuff in a couple weeks, but I have been playing with the 1/1 scale Trains out at the museum. For what it's worth and I hope nobody minds, a couple night shots of old US Army 80 Tonner 1654 at the Rochester and Genesee Valley RR Museum last night!

80Tonner16542w.png

80Tonner16544w.png

And my favorite of the night... The exhaust smoke was drifting to the front of the old girl and made for a spectacular shot...

80Tonner16545w.png

An F7, an SD45 and a Trainmaster H24-66 have been through the shop. The F7 and SD45 are for freight service while the H24-66 will be used as motive power for Ezra's Midland Gulf tourist train.

P1301814.jpg

P1301812.jpg

P1301816.jpg

I had EMD 3 and BN 7502 running around and thought it would have been funn to see them leading a train in real life. So I took a photo and put something more interesting than my garage walls in the background.

The two leaders are both unique. EMD 3 was the only SD60 with radial trucks and 7502 was one of three wrecked and rebuilt SD40-2s on the BN. Each one was different and 7502 had its dynamic brakes moved to the former cab area.

attachment.php

One of us needs new contacts!! :)

I have been trying and trying to get the picture in better focus, the problem is the darn thing is too bright,:eek: when i get the intakes and plumbing added to the engine and find a prototype engine for it showcase in it would b a lot better.

Try taking the picture from a little farther back, then cropping it and resizing it.
It works for me sometimes.

I set my camera back a few feet and with the macro setting on I zoom in on the subject and snap the photo. If I need the camera to be rock steady I use my tripod.

Here is my newest car in my collection, it was given to me as a gift.

This is the Union Pacific Dome Diner. In 1954, the UP ordered 35 dome cars (10 Dome Coaches, 15 Dome Lounges and 10 Dome Diners) and converted 3 of its trains into Domeliners (COSF, COP, COLA). Although Dome Cars were used by many railroads, Dome Diners were unique to Union Pacific. Dome Diners were made part of the City of Los Angeles and City of Portland trains only. The tables on the Dome Diners would have been set with pink linens and real silverware with fresh cut flowers. In fact, Union Pacific had a supply of 200,000 pieces of silverware on hand to replenish the 1,134 pieces used by each diner. Union Pacific also used 2000 ounces of silver per year to re-plate the silverware which got re-plated every two years. The decorations on the walls of the dome diners were specific to the route that it traveled. There were several things in this car that contributed to Union Pacific’s great Dining Car service. One was that 2 waiters were stationed in the dome during all meals to provide the most efficient service possible. Another was inter-car telephone provided instant communication between the dome, kitchen and the pantry. Lastly, the Dome Diners had a dumbwaiter that would allow service between the two levels be more efficient.

View attachment 27145

View attachment 27146

View attachment 27147

There's a lil history on them, I reserched and wrote a tour on Dome Diners for the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, WI. They have #8003 in their collection. Alot of the research involved the book: The Union Pacific Streamliners By: Harold Ranks and William Kratville.

Hope you learned something interesting!

-Isaac

Here they go the CAT 650 engine which is based off of EMD 567 and is going to be Teir0+ compilant when im done adding details to it
100_2556 by LATXHO, on Flickr

note where the paint dips in on the front of the engine this is where the "new and Improve" radiator lines for the water cooling jet

100_2557 by LATXHO, on Flickr

now this is where the exhaust stacks are suppose to go but there need to be more plumbing done before hand

100_2558 by LATXHO, on Flickr

Back