Wpf 8/11 - 8/16

Here's a short video of what I find relaxing. Watch out for Christine's sister. She does get around. Here's a different angle taken from the roof of Howard Johnson's mobile home.

And a few photos showing some of my latest work.

DSCN2563.jpg

DSCN2567.jpg

DSCN2570.jpg

DSCN2554.jpg

DSCN2578.jpg

I have finally finished the cobblestone wall to be used to make the mold for the Octagon Blacksmith shop..... I filled the spaces between the large pieces of sand with stone dust and then used alcohol and diluted white glue just like I do with ballast to glue the whole thing in place. Next step will be to remove the sides of the thing and make the base and walls to hold the Silicon Rubber for the mold itself.

MoldMaking05w.png

MoldMaking06w.png

I have finally finished the cobblestone wall to be used to make the mold for the Octagon Blacksmith shop..... I filled the spaces between the large pieces of sand with stone dust and then used alcohol and diluted white glue just like I do with ballast to glue the whole thing in place. Next step will be to remove the sides of the thing and make the base and walls to hold the Silicon Rubber for the mold itself.

MoldMaking05w.png

MoldMaking06w.png

Wow this is great!! I love how you actually placed each individual stone in place. True craftsman ship.

Well after having a large mishap with my custom painted CNJ ES44DC and SD70ACE, I had ordered all the replacement parts i'de hopefully need. Athearn came a week ago and the intermountain parts came this week. Now everything i needed came from athearn, but im only sent new front and rear handrails and the side handrails. No cab. I called today and was told they dont even know if they'll have a cab or shell to send me at all. So after being told i'de have one, to pretty much being told your s.o.o.l i took it up myself to see if i could even fix these shells.
After taking everything apart, fixing the sd70ace's rear truck that only popped off cause of the clip coming off, it looked like i might be able to save everything. Only thing i'll have to do is mask off the painted and decaled area's and it should be good.

So here's some pics after realigning the athearn cab and making the plastic bend back into position. The ES44 cab was more of a challenge as it's molded as one large piece and not seperately applied pieces like athearn.

And I also went into my train closet to see if I could find the missing pieces. Thankfully i found the gps dome, the conductors side numberboard, headlight and one of the windshields. Only thing im missing is the engineer's side large window. Reason is, on the completed shell the windows have a painted frame and are tinted. The replacements I got are just clear plastic, no tints or painted frames.

Back