WPF 7/11 through 7/17

Iron Horseman

I still think perhaps we need a bi-weekly or monthly Photo Fun thread instead of weekly... but not bucking the tide.

The new "routing" indicator panel for the rear main tracks is installed and working at the museum. Shorter folks no longer need a step stool to look up and see how the turnouts are set. Just follow the green lines.

OCNEPannel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Misc trains 020.jpg

Here are some relics. The turntable was scratchbuilt from brass 40 plus years ago. The little prairie entering the turntable I got from a friends scrap box. It had no tender, pilot, headlight and was missing a nimber of other details. It was remotored with a can motor, details added and has been running around my layout for over 25 years.

I haven't posted in a while although I do check the forum almost every day. Proto GP7 I built and painted as a New Haven unit even though the NH never had one.

S7300802.JPG

Picked up another track cleaning car..... This makes number three now. This one needs new couplers and some detailing!

17a4288ce6adcb467649fb18e1912578.jpg

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IH very cool panel!
Great work from everyone and good choice of road name Steve!

I don't have much to show train-wise but this is somewhat related, a trailer loaded with a transformer from a Kasgro depressed flatcar.
Check out those wheels, eight per row and twenty rows! Once it's disconnected from the tractor cab it moves by a hydraulic power pack and all the wheels pivot to negotiate a corner.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I don't have much to show train-wise but this is somewhat related, a trailer loaded with a transformer from a Kasgro depressed flatcar.
Check out those wheels, eight per row and twenty rows! Once it's disconnected from the tractor cab it moves by a hydraulic power pack and all the wheels pivot to negotiate a corner.
I don't understand how any of the weight is distributed to the wheels on the ends.

I was wondering the exact same thing!
I'm thinking the whole thing arches up in the centre somehow by hydraulics? That would transfer weight I think.
I missed seeing them move it loaded.

Rico, you are right. When empty the trailer does arch in the middle and, if memory serves me correctly, there are tension rods, arms, bars or something that run from the center of the trailer to the front and rear of it. When a load is placed, the trailer levels out dispersing the weight forwards and rearwards, sort of.

That's a pretty crude sort of description but that is basically how it all works from memory. I should qualify that by saying I have never seen one that big, but the ones I did see worked as described, so I am assuming the same would apply for a trailer of this size as well.

A few pics of my scenery progress...
Here's the entrance and office to my grain elevator.
scene 1.jpgscene 2.jpg

This is the "back 40". A pasture containing some farming gear and a little scratchbuilt tractor barn.
scene 3.jpg

With the failure of the Martic Forge and Eastern Railway the Lancaster Central gained a new branchline. Former MFE #5 and LCRR #8 from the mainline local slowly push 5 hoppers up the 6% grade to Rawlinsville.
c27ee19f330e476a987da059ec548ab0.jpg

Back