WPF 7/04 to 07/11

guess ill start with a little red,white and blue...
DSCF0474.png

DSCF0475.png

I feel like I should salute that locomotive!:D

My Manuta Pacific is back from paint, decals and clear coat. Now I need to finish painting the tender trucks, assemble the tender and install the motor.

Mantuarepair031.png

The 1901 looks fantastic!

Thank you.

Here is a progression over the past few days. It's not done yet, but it's moving along quickly.

Pulled from storage years ago after fifteen years in storage.
railroad04-05-07057.jpg

Stripped with details added.

Mantuarepair002.jpg

Primed and painted.

Mantuarepair019.jpg

Gloss clear added.

Mantuarepair025.jpg

Decals and flat clear added.

Mantuarepair031.png

The Adirondack and Northern just recieved another new locomotive from the BNSF. This time BNSF 525, a B40-8W, has joined the fleet of road locomotives for the Adirondack and Northern. Rumor has it this unit will work the gravel trains as well as be in the General Mixed Freight pool with the AC4400s and SD70ACes. Word is this unit or 4051 will be the first to recieve the ADKN Green and Black, both remain patchless as of right now.

First up, 525 and 4051 parked on a siding while SW1500 1299 assembles the train in the yard.

066-1.jpg

4051 peaks out around 525. 4051 is generally the regional lines most frequently used road locomotives, but with 525 still being new to the line its tagging along as a preventative measure.

062.jpg

525 looking nice and clean in the sun.

068.png

And lastly ex-CPR AC4400s 8807 and 8684 pass by on the main with a lumber train.

048.png

As always some fantastic modeling shown in here!

Been a few weeks since i had anything new even vaguely worth posting here. This week I finally got the lower staging area put in place and the tracks put in to service it. Ultimately there will be 4 staging tracks on the two shelves on this wall. Each will hold a good sized train....

LowerStagingNew01w.png

LowerStagingNew02w.png

Some old photos from my layout:

The barber shop interior is simply a scene printed on card stock and illuminated from behind.
P8120090.jpg

DSCN1628.jpg

DSCN1552.jpg

P7101496.jpg

Recently completed mocked up portions of the Philadelphia & Scranton:

1st foto: North end of Reading yards, junction of passenger & freight lines
2nd foto: Schuykill Haven left side, Port Clinton right side
3rd foto: Looking toward Tower 60 area, Scranton(box in distance). Taylor/Dunsmore and CNJ Backtrack areas in the foreground.
4th foto: Scranton yards and passenger station platform area.

These are intended to give me a feel for what the actual track arrangements will be like, full HO scale. Also allow me to see how reach and clearances are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back