Wpf 5/26-6/1

Josh, I've been doing that for my whip antennas on my engines for a couple of years now.

100_1137.jpg

Thats a sharp looking locomotive! And the antennas add that little extra touch that makes the model pop, thanks again for the idea :cool:

Ok, I'm not bashful, I'll get things started!:D
In the picture this text was with.....the three CSX locomotives together with the red brick buildings in the background....I was struck by how the color shading of dirty white/grey ballast looked very real. I would try to duplicate that in a similar setting.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished off another dump truck. I now have two identical Kenworth dumps with 3-axle dump trailers, I plan on making 2 more giving me a total of 4 identical Kenwoth dumps to be part of my Robertson's Transport fleet.

These trucks were built using a Kenworth Dump Truck set from Herpa, a dump bed from a Model Power Kenworth Dump Truck, and a different dump bed also made by Herpa for the trailer

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

In the picture this text was with.....the three CSX locomotives together with the red brick buildings in the background....I was struck by how the color shading of dirty white/grey ballast looked very real. I would try to duplicate that in a similar setting.

Mike

The ballast is easy, its Woodland Scenics light gray Mix
Not Light gray, not meduim gray
Look for the word MIX on the label, then you got the right stuff!:D

Love those Petes!

newtrains1.jpg

My birthday trains arrived today. :D The SD45 & C30-7 are new, the CB&Q SD24 arrived last week but only had the decoder put in with the others today. The SD24 duo look great on the front of the CZ. :) Mmmmmm high hoods...

Now that looks sharp! Very nice tribute to your father!

Yeah, it left my hometown of Selma every morning, pulling the "Turkeytown Express". This train generally had 3 wooden passenger cars, and a couple of box cars as loads. It would run west one day, then east the next, generally on small branchlines. It would occasionally pull a train to Mobile, which then made it an overnight run.

Believe it or not, even though it was on the mainline between Birmingham and Mobile Al, due to bridge restrictions south of Selma, it was actually one of the heavy weights on the line. During WWII, when trains pulled by a SRR 2-8-8-2 came into Selma, these trains were broken up into 5-10 other trains, to be pulled to the port of Mobile by 2-8-0's that were built as early as 1870. This was one of the first divisions to be dieselized by the Railway during and after the war.

This engine was scrapped in 1950. Despite what the wikipedia says, the SRR wasn't the first RR to completely dieselize in the south. The GM&O did it in 1947, while the SRR still had steam up to 1953.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back