Wpf 5/24-2/28

L&N Castle

Seeing as no one had started a Week-end photo series for this week-end ,I thought might take up the challenge. Today I went out to Norris yard in Irondale and took quite a few photos of various NS trains coming in and out of the yard. But I was there for one reason only. Here it is. Enjoy. William.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to apologize for the date on this thread. Still coming down to earth after this afternoon. It should read WPF 5/24-5/28. Talk about WHOOPS.:eek::p:eek:. Any way enjoy the pics. William.

Good grief Charlie Brown!! A 7 day week is long enough. 8 months would be torture. LOL

Actually I hadn't noticed the error until your follow up post. Nice looking power unit. Was that a rare occurance on that line?

To be honest Mike,I don't know. As a matter of fact,I didn't even know the locomotive was in the state until Saturday afternoon. As for the goof up on the date,well as I said I was still hyped up about finally seeing one of these engines. Gotta say,that was one fine looking engine. :cool:.William.

I like the Heritage locos that Norfolk Southern has painted,so far the only one I,ve seen myself was the Nickel Plate loco last August.

Ron

Frog killer!

Here's a better video than the one I posted a few weeks back about the "keep alive" circuit I installed in an 0-4-0 switcher.
Remember this as you watch it. These are worn Atlas switches, with unpowered frogs. The loco is only picking up power on 2 wheels on the engine, and 4 on the tender. Totally stock Mantua, no wipers added, tender wheels are still brass "pizza cutters". There is a can motor,, but no flywheel,,,,,no space!
Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]21OqYpEihPA[/YOUTUBE]

I finally weathered my SD70Ace.
IMG_20130323_231756_466.jpg

Thanx for getting us going William, and nice pics!
Great job on the sound install Karl, and great looking weathering job Mark!

I managed to start the second module for the next layout!:D
This is the swingbridge crossing the Cougar River in front of what will be the GE plant, a home for the shcnabel car and other assorted loads.
The river is almost four feet wide at this point.

Rico, thats gonna be a sweet looking scene with those double bridges and big river. Keep up the progress.

Hey Rico - are you multi-tasking by making sandwiches and building modules at the same time?:D:D

2 of the newest additions. Walthers Proto New Haven DL109 #0759. It was the only DL109 the NH repainted in the New Image scheme and even so it was done in the "reverse" scheme that was used on the electrics. The nose on the carbody diesels was predominantly white, not red. It is hauling a Pullman light weight coach #8226 as they climb the grade past the yard.

picture.php

I built the coach over the last week from an old E&B Valley kit from about the mid 1980's. No one piece body here. All separate sides and ends and underbody details. Vestbules are open with walls at either end of the seating area.

picture.php

Looks great Mike, love how you weathered the trucks on the car!
Thanx for the comments guys, slowly but surely getting back into build mode.
And no "samiches" Gary but the French's mustard bottles are great for applying carpenters glue!

And no "samiches" Gary but the French's mustard bottles are great for applying carpenters glue!

Thanks Rico. Just some dry brushing of rust and burnt sienna with a light overcoat of grime. All of the under floor details were done the same way. I wanted the car to look like it had recently been through the wash rack. The prototype New Haven RR didn't usually keep the equipment this clean. :(

Just don't put wood glue on your Hotdog!:eek::(;):p

First train on the Philadelphia & Scranton, adjacent to what will be the Schuylkill Haven yard. Consist is a Virginian EL-C, RDG GP35, 3 coal cars, and a caboose. It ran about 6 feet, across my temporary tie-in track to Reading Outer Station. Looking forward to the weekend!

Nice job on the E&B Valley kit, Mike. I bought a bunch of them years ago, with an idea of kitbashing them into Reading homebuilt blimp cars. Project is still on the shelf. When I do get around to adding a few of these cars to my fleet, it will probably be the Bethlehem Car Works ones, instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back