Wpf 5/12-5/17

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
IMAG0201.jpg

P1010866.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

P1010829.jpg

Nice set of Alco's Jay. Jeffery, great detail you have there.

Jeffery looks like there's been a few spills on the asphalt, good effect!
Nice stuff guys, as usual!
With the layout gone I don't have anything new to share so here's a shot taken during deconstruction.

Since I don't have a layout yet, I thought I'd share a photo of my ever growing CSX MOW Train. Not Pictured are an Atlas U Boat Loco and a Walther 25 Ton Crane needing some parts.

DSC00701.jpg

I got the replacement decals from highball graphics today. Just trimming them to shape I noticed a difference from the last set. Got the nose piece on, its meant for a GE widenose but fits the SD70M-2 nose just fine. I also applied the engineer's side data decals.

those boxes look nice. alot cheaper then A-line boxes. I will eventually pick up some. I hate having all the small boxes in the closet taking up alot of space.

I was never concerned about the security of my dwelling place until I recently got a decent N scale train collection. So I stash a locomotive or two with twenty or so rail cars, some extra track, switches, and a powerpack in a box all together (I have three mrc powerpacks).....and I made a few boxes like that and hid them in different places. Then I have some on the layout too. This way, if someone breaks in and steals train stuff.....I'll have at least some chance they might leave a box with enough stuff to continue running a railroad with. Plus I leave a radio on loud and some lights on all the time if I go out.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get a chance to work on building my layout this weekend, but enjoyed everybody else's efforts.

Mini-engines look like the Rahway Valley 70 tonners I saw in Summit, NJ one time as a kid.
Had to do a double take on the FP9, thought it was a D&H unit.
Pennsy always a favorite.
I remember seeing many of those cars in the gas lines of the 70's, growing up.
That will be one nice MOW train, when you get a layout-sorry, that block is out of service.
Nice crane-train! I want a Sperry rail car-missed them years ago.
I'm planning to do a ALP-44 and F40 in Reading when I get the time-like one of their F-units.

Ok so models are about 95% done.

The IM ES44DC, needs front handrails w/ditch light housings (ordered CP ones from IM), grab irons for the long hood end and speaker replacement with railmaster hobbies DSM8 and small numbers for front numberboards

Athearn SD70M-2, handrails for the long hood sides in red, front nose and long hood end grab irons installed and front numberboard #'s put on.

0515122244a.png

0515122244.png

0515122246.png

0515122249.png

0515122250.png

0515122250a.png

Im also debating on whether or not to add a black patch to the top of the nose, like the anti-glar that's put on. What you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, the anti glare nose would look good. Now I'd hate to be a nit picker and I could be wrong but isn't the flag on the engineers side facing the wrong direction?

Back