Wpf 4-6/4-12

DSCN2170.jpg

Again you guys do amazing work. Oh5oh welcome and well done and interesting caboose.
Here's my latest contribution. I wanted something with a more European flavor for my cityscape and found this Heljin kit. I wanted a taller building so I used the back two walls to add to the fronts since the back won't be visible. I also found the first floor too short to be in scale so I modified that too. Not my best work but I that's about all I care to do anymore. It's not on it's final site since it won't be very visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh was the GP9 a new Genesis unit? I've thought about stripping one to make it a modern GP9e.
Yes, Genesis unit. The stripes on the SP unit gave me some issues when stripping.

Wow!, Awesome job Josh! More details on the model please!
Basic stripping & repainting...

QRR Fan (Nicholas) sent the unit to me last fall, and I just finished up, after waiting on some replacement parts from Athearn (those dang headlight lenses disappeared).

The bonnet is all masked & painted, only decals are the numbers and large "SP" text.

Sill around the fuel tank was modified to match the prototype, interior painted green. The handrails are painted with Pactra Bright Yellow lacquer, which remains flexible, so the handrails can be bumped and survive w/o paint loss.

Sill around the fuel tank was modified to match the prototype, interior painted green
I noticed the footboards are off as well. You noticed more details like that than I ever did. The only thing I see that may be off is the handrails around the steps. I'm not sure they are white. Can't remember.

Edit: I went and looked at some photos I have. The handrails were once white, then painted yellow, and is now wearing/chipping off from use.

Oops, posted this in the old WPF :eek:

Took a photo of the road stripes I recently added. The stripes are 3M Scotchcal pin striping. I used 1/16". Nice they make a double white.

Route 66 through our 1957-58 town is finally starting to look like the real thing. Still lots and lots of details to add but I wanted to post this photo to show the progress.

IoIHJ.jpg

Back