wpf 4-13/4-19

ggp

ggp
Nothing new to share but I like this scene so here is just a slightly different view of it.

One of my projects last week was putting a pair of large air tanks on top of the long hood of my SD27J (rebuilt SD24). The interesting part was coming up with a tgin bit of plastic to make the air line that goes across the hood behind the tanks.

DSCN2245.jpg

And in a bit of fun earlier today I ripped the diverging rails and points off of a non-functioning turnout and put in a straight piece of rail. Turnout was a Bachmann #5.

P1010709.jpg

DSCN2263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That 7-11 is identical to the one just around the corner from my childhood home! Love it!

Jeff, Nice job on the straight railed switch. The debris left by the "track gang" captures the effect perfectly.

Nice stuff Gents, Jay that's a cool shot!
I haven't done a lot of modeling this week but did receive some woodchip cars in the mail.
The weathering was done in powders and not sealed, the whole box was full of dust!
Now I have to get the bubble wrap marks off the cars... yoiks! :eek:

Rick, try taking a damp brush and pull it straight down. Should take the circles out and leave some nice weathering.

Finally got a clip of the mechanical reefer sounds I've been working on:

[YOUTUBE]kSu85WSQk5E[/YOUTUBE]

Each car has a SoundBug decoder, QSI high bass speaker, and Ring Engineering power trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back