Wpf 3-23/3-29

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
I got this shot recently of my mu'd pair of GP7's coming onto the east side of my layout.

P1010582.jpg

I love when people not in the hobby sell stuff. This guy at a swap meet was selling off his grandfathers trains last weekend. He inherited the stuff but wasn't interested in the hobby.
6 Walthers autoracks- $5 each.
2 Athearn 5-unit Maxi III- $10 for both.
16 Athearn and Walthers shipping containers -$8 for all.
Everything was in almost new condition. The autoracks were missing couplers though.
:D

Nice find Lifted, got a heck of a deal.

I've been working on some Wind Turbine base loads for 4 of the 89' flat cars. This is my progress so far.

P1010093.JPG

I love when people not in the hobby sell stuff. This guy at a swap meet was selling off his grandfathers trains last weekend. He inherited the stuff but wasn't interested in the hobby.
6 Walthers autoracks- $5 each.
2 Athearn 5-unit Maxi III- $10 for both.
16 Athearn and Walthers shipping containers -$8 for all.
Everything was in almost new condition. The autoracks were missing couplers though.
:D

so jeoous!!! You know that guys grandfather is turning in his grave and getting ready to haunt his grandkids house for selling so cheap LOL

IMG_0289.jpg

Trying to get a fire going before night falls as the intermodal rumbles above.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the story with CO OP #69 Karl? Did you add alot of details or is she right out of the box? I really like it alot. :)

Lots of great work by everyone who posted.

Thanks!

It started life as an Athearn Hustler, but the driveline instead of being rubber band powered is quite different. Try an Athearn SD40 truck, with the center axle removed, and a mini can motor out of a CD ROM powering it, controlled by a NCE decoder!! Add a liberal amount of detail stuff and there you have it!

There is also a CO OP #70, thats a cabless "b" unit for this one!:D

Try an Athearn SD40 truck, with the center axle removed, and a mini can motor out of a CD ROM powering it, controlled by a NCE decoder!! Add a liberal amount of detail stuff and there you have it!

There is also a CO OP #70, thats a cabless "b" unit for this one!:D

Incredible! If it's not too much trouble, could you post a pic of those two units together? That's why I love this forum! A never ending supply of knowledge and talent. :)

Looks good Jeffrey! What is the "next assignment" ? :)
Whatever I want it to do. It's there to pull the tourist train but can be used to pull freight to pay it's way. It's the only Fairbanks Morse loco on my roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back