Wpf 3-22/6-28

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1011175.jpg

Got a few more prototype snaps while waiting for my train home the other day.

DMU.jpg

V/locity DMU passenger train. They usually run anywhere from 3 to 7 cars, each one has it's own engine slung low about 2/3 down the length of the train. Diesel-hydraulic transmission. The roof on these is actually where the silver part ends, the rounded blue part above that is simply cowling to disguise the A/C units and other various bits on top. :)

powercar.jpg

This is a powercar that they put behind the old A class diesels (the dual-cab F unit clones) that don't have HEP. As such I thought I was going to get some video of an A class hitching up to the train. :D While waiting I noticed that the taillights were on, then there was a horn from the other end of the platform and the train started going backwards! :eek: Well of course it was actually going forwards, just for some reason the powercar was at the end of the train. The engine at the front was one of the N class diesels I posted last WPF and I think they have HEP, so maybe it was just being moved elsewhere.

BN 9284, an SD60M, waits while a V train lead by a GP39E rolls by on the main.
attachment.php

Monster Mountain is the line to ride. Nice layout. I like the desert scenery. If you put a likeness of me on your diorama.....I would enjoy living there.....out of town just a bit. (Just your basic 56 year old desert drifter with better than average backpacking gear.) :)

Railfan
(camping near tracks)

Here some of mine...A GP30 being tested purchased from L&A (Lousiana & Arkansas) Midland Gulf railroad for the New Berlin railroad.

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Sorry, no layout yet ;)

Monster Mountain is the line to ride. Nice layout. I like the desert scenery. If you put a likeness of me on your diorama.....I would enjoy living there.....out of town just a bit. (Just your basic 56 year old desert drifter with better than average backpacking gear.) :)

Railfan
(camping near tracks)

Thank you very much! Much obliged! I haven't been backpacking for a while. Where do you go?

Thank you very much! Much obliged! I haven't been backpacking for a while. Where do you go?
This slot canyon is thirteen miles long and 300 feet deep.....on utah-arizona border....is called Buckskin Gulch. My buddy and I went through it in May 1990. No backpack anymore....but still have equipment......which I now use for car camping and railfanning. :)

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkchooch
Rebuild her, make it into a slug!!
40resized.jpg

"slug"? never heard of that term....
The ones in the picture that don't have any radiator cooling fans because they don't have their own engine. They get electricity for their traction motors from another unit.

Back