Wpf 2/22 - 3/1

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Wassa matter? You folks don't like the Weekly Photo Fun threads any more? Guess I will get one started as it is almost Sunday already. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

I have been little by little getting some done on the corner hill scene on the SLOW. Started to "grow" the forest on the far side...

HillScenery12w_zps01cc5cab.png

HillScenery14w_zps02dd98b3.png

And a couple with fresh foliage on the trees.... Photos always show the yet to dry white glue so well!

HillScenery15w_zpsba1178d7.png

HillScenery16w_zps1bd0a351.png

Still lots more to do with the scene!

Nice work Ray, really dresses up that corner!
Now you'll need Bambi poking out of the tress...

I'm still plugging away at the walls and such, yesterday did a little work on the other part of the basement.
That's Laurel's workout equipment in the foreground, you'll see I have some G scale trains in the cubby holes so slowly making a crew lounge out of the rec room!:cool:
Can't wait to get the ceiling in both rooms!

Here is what I have going. I think I finally have the track plan nailed down there will be a 6' x18" extension on the one corner. It is the black river junction plan flipped around to work in my space.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been slowly plugging away at getting my Ye Olde Huff 'N Puff Water Tank Car finished. It will be used in either the fermentation or conditioning process of my brewery. I plan on using an old, abandoned tunnel to store beer during these processes.

P1020820.png

The hand rails were partially painted ahead of time and will receive final paint touch up after I figure out how to curve the hand rails and attach them and before I put the tank on. I added a couple pieces of plastic to the sides to cover up the fact that none of the wood pieces match. Perhaps it's my inexperience putting wood structures together like this. Either way, I figured I could get away with a few pieces of iron to reinforce the sides.

P1020819.png

A test fitting of the tank. I'm wondering if I need to add an outflow valve to the lower side for emptying the tank. I'm thinking about a dry transfer decal to label the tanker. Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
What I was up to this past week?

I was working on this Atlas FP7:
DSCN3230.jpg

And put a Digitrax DH123 in it while I was at it:
DSCN3233.jpg

I also worked on this Atlas GP40:
DSCN3240.jpg

The mounting tabs that hold the front truck in place were broken off so I I ground off what was left of them and made replacements using pieces of scrap nickel-silver rail that I glued on with super glue. After that was dry I put on a coating of JB Weld for extra strength:
DSCN3236.jpg

And I cleaned and lubed this new (to me) Atlas FP7:
DSCN3194.jpg

And did some work on this Stewart/Athearn/Proto/Lima Frankenloco C420:
DSCN3200.jpg

IMG_1235_zpse73e2da7.png

Caught a switcher switching the flour mill on the CP Rail M & M Sub. this past week.

Credit Rico with the mill--looks pretty good in that corner!

John Longhurst, Winnipeg

I just want to bring up to date what I have gotten done late yesterday and today on the scenery.

HillScenery18w_zpsc79c43a6.png

HillScenery17w_zps574a6f10.png

As of now:

HillScenery20w_zpsb72f1dfc.png

HillScenery21w_zps85c7c394.png

Back