Wpf 2/1 - 2/7

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1011316-1.jpg

Great start to the new week guys!
Jeff where'd you get the bus?
Let's bump this back up to the top...

Ah.... The weekend finally! Like the bus Jeffrey. Nice looking diseasal there Mark...
I finally had a few minutes on a couple days to spend down in the train room and managed to get the Water Tower for the Power Station almost ready to put in place. In fact all I have left to install on it is the ladder to the trap door on the roof and that can be put in place after I install it on the building. So... Here is what I have been doing:

I built the "steel" structure to hold the tank and added "rivets/bolts" at the proper places.

WaterTowerSteelFrame1w_zps3bf54fee.png

Checked to make sure the water tower will fit properly where it is supposed to be and measure to cut the tube housing all the piping to fit:

WaterTowerSteelFrame2w_zpse74399b1.png

Finally painted, assembled, and weathered the structure:

PHWatertower08w_zpsc953eec0.png

PHWatertower09w_zpsa9d3df8f.png

Wow! That looks great Ray. I like the weathering on your new water tower. Well done.

The past couple of weeks, I,ve been working on a building for my layout. Its made from a pair of card kits.I need to get some embossed sheets for the roof,at the moment I just have some black craft card as a stand-in.

Ron

Got a bit of time to install the Water Tower on the roof of the Power House last night. It sits directly above the Boilers on the second floor of the building. A few more shots for you folks:

PHWatertower10w_zps1f67c995.png

PHWatertower11w_zps860403a7.png

PHWatertower12w_zpse20f0284.png

Looks like people had a good week! Love the bus, Dr.-1st one I've seen after being in this hobby since about 1975. Good job!

Back