WPF 19 20 21 October

part II

3 pictures of the same modules from part I and the next module shows an old (south) dutch farm on it....in real they forgot to lay tracks overthere so in model we did that too....
tomorrow I'll try to add some detailed scenes/ pictures

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice work there. I like it.

P1010003-14.jpg

part III already..

So here are the small scenes on the "farm"module..
First pic is when the first lay of WS "burnt grass" was growin on the to be upgraded module. I use often burnt grass as a basic "shell" for the scenery I have to make for our layout. After that some times I ad yellow grass and/or weeds/green grass( all fine turf of WS) than at the end: the coarse turf in darker(green) colors, the shrubs and trees. Finaly the preisermen/catle etc

Jos

and myself of course...ariel view.... and a big scout watching YOU!

Jos, you have been busy. I love the extra attention given to detail in the landscaping. It has good color and is very realistic.;)

Spot on Jos,,,
Off to a model railway show this weekend at some point, John (Blackburn) if your passing sunday morning may see you

My main project for this week (which I was still working on this morning) was to get my DC only Proto 2000's to run at a higher speed, instead of poking along. I have seven that needed this modification as my Kato RSC-2 was outrunning all of them. The photo below explains the modification quite well.

rewire.png

The modification is simple. It just takes time for me to do it because of the small parts involved. Now all of them can keep up with my DC only Athearns and they run circles around the Kato RSC-2.

Nice work Jos !
Cant do Sunday Steve !

Here is my weeks efforts

Painted the viaduct with dry linning filler, using masking tape to get witness lines to represent shuttering. Painted the rocks too.
front.jpg

Added some white for lime stains
lme1.jpg

Added some black for weathering
weathered.jpg

Some trees
weathered1.jpg

Then a couple of shots with a real sky background

one.jpg

two.jpg

John
RJR

Johntealon30: The bridge and the rocks look great now!!..far more better than before
btw: great idea about the bridge before the door and making pictures with a real/life background!

Jos

John, that is a great job on painting and weathering the viaduct. It really has the look of the prototype now, especially with the lime leakage. It's amazing how complicated it is to get something to look like old concrete, isn't it?

Nice, nice work folks. I do look forward to seeing and being challenged by the work each of you do!

I have been doing a lot of odds and ends this week. Finally got around to finishing a set of drawers for storage of hobby stuff with a bookcase on top. The mess at the top will be hidden by the facia when that goes up )sometime this winter....).

StorageBookcase1w.png

I also spent some time adding bushes, grass, and other scenery to the area near the yard leads at the Hopewell Junction Yard.

SceneryByYard1w.png

The upper part of this area is where Thompson Tiles is located. I added a forest on the backdrop. This must be second growth BTW as Thompson's has harvested all the hardwood near by for use as fuel for the ovens.

ThompsonTiles5w.png

Oh, how could I forget! The band is playing their first concert at the gazebo! It is rumored that famed opera star Ramundo Howard is back home and may do a guest aria or two with the band later. (Well that type of thing does happen around here. Gym Class Heroes just came home to Geneva for a concert at the Smith Opera House!)

Bandstand14w.png

Bandstand15w.png

My city hall project nearing completion and some road signs, printed out as decals.
hall002.png

hall0002.png

11signs.png

Hello, everyone. I can see that many of us are in build and do mode...lots of great layouts and models getting some attention. Very nice stuff.

I can't recall if I posted this first image recently, but here it is.

IMG_1109c2r.jpg

Second image is what I take to be an interesting distance shot looking at a servicing facilty. You can tell me if it works.

IMG_1269cr.JPG

and lastly, I wanted to simulate someone just managing to catch a Niagara hurtling past at limited speed.

IMG_1259c.JPG

Jos
Great looking modules!

Jeffery
Nice job on the boxcar!
Great that you were able to figure your loco problem!

John
Awesome job on the viaduct!

Ray
Nice layout shots and great scene around the bandstand!

GAPPLEG
Great looking road scenes!

Selector
Awesome shots!

Here are the latest additions to the RK&M roster. These are the 11 hoppers I have been weathering for the last few months.

hoppers_002a.jpg

Atlas RS-11: Penn Central

hoppers_004a.jpg

Atlas RS-11: Penn Central

hoppers_006a.jpg

Atlas ACF 3-Bay Cylindrical Hopper: Penn Central

hoppers_008a.jpg

Atlas ACF 3-Bay Cylindrical Hopper: Hooker

Back