Wpf 12-29/1-3

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Just a few short videos.

th_DSCN2630.jpg

th_DSCN2426.jpg

th_DSCN2789.jpg

I went to the local train fair today,and got myself an Atlas Dash 8 40B, it goes well with my other CSX locos.

Ron

unfortunately, this is what my layout looks like as of this week... I have the pleasure of moving into a smaller apartment after both my roommates bailed on me.

A little more progress over the weekend.
Not sure if I will use the whole room for the next layout or just half, maybe just one wall.
Trying to stick with the "KISS" principle this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. The weathering is quite simple to do. The hardest part is knowing when to stop. It's easy to go overboard.

I simply love when you give weathering advice. //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////// just like poor old Jeffrey.... happy new year.

Several others in the past for some reason of their own have decided to attack and or
denounce Jeffory's modelling. They are now gone and this smart ass is too. Along with most
regular members I really like Jeffory's model work photos, and all remember that even the best
craftsman didn't start out with the perfect model on their first try. It takes time and effort, well
done Jeffory, keep it up. As to Jeff's present model work, I wish I could do as good.
Willis

I simply love when you give weathering advice. You should tell him to get a sharpie.... and some oversize 'keep off' decals.....and then.... post the pictures on every forum....maybe he will get things 'donated' to him, just like poor old Jeffrey.... happy new year.

Wow...being a super dick much? I like Jeffreys work. Sorry everyone cant be a super star modeler like yourself....

By NWP9501;

I simply love when you give weathering advice...............//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////... happy new year.

Talking out of your rear because your mouth knows better!

A little more progress over the weekend.
Not sure if I will use the whole room for the next layout or just half, maybe just one wall.
Trying to stick with the "KISS" principle this time.

Keep up the progress Rick, little by little, like eating an elephant!:D

We got our basement walls all done, then other projects hit. :( Now were back to discussing basement plans again. New drop ceiling tiles will be next. The grid is ok, but the crap tiles the previous owner installed are sagging. There goes $681 bucks in tiles!:eek:
Then carpet removal. Yes, the same knucklehead who installed cheap ceiling tiles also put down Berber carpet in a basement with an easy to fix water issue. The day we settled on the house the basement got flooded!:eek:
(Remember back to last spring when I was ripping out rotted wood?)
Anyhow the water issues are fixed, but the carpet has got to go before layout building started in earnest. Press & stick waterproof vinyl plank flooring! Another $1150 bucks. :eek:
Like I said, eating an elephant, 1 piece at a time!:D
Maybe well get em done in our lifetimes!!;)

Anywho, this is WPF, so heres a project I DID get done this week!
Chessie BL2s!
Bills%20BL2s%20001A.jpg

Bills%20BL2s%20003a.jpg

Some of my projects take longer than others.Bought this one on 1-11-80. :eek:

sd-9-d.jpg

About weathering,I agree with Jeffery 100%.It is sooo easy to go overboard on weathering.I will also state that some folks (excluding Jeff) should not be allowed to weather anything.Simply because they don't know when to stop.(stuff always ends up on Ebay for some damn reason)

Nice BL2s Karl!

My only recent projects include having my basement finished and putting together a Thomas train table.

Johnathan what type/make loco is that? Looks like a great project!
Karl, nice matching pair! As for the ceiling tiles look into 1/4" sheetrock cut to fit and painted whatever color you like.
(been chewing on the same dang elephant way too long!) ;)

As for the ceiling tiles look into 1/4" sheetrock cut to fit and painted whatever color you like.
(been chewing on the same dang elephant way too long!) ;)

Rick,
Like an elephant, I'm afraid the weight would be too much! ;)

Karl, those BL2s look quite good together, and this is coming from someone who generally believes that the words "BL2", "look" and "good" don't belong in the same sentence. :p Having them back-to-back like that just makes them look better somehow.

Rico- With 6-axle trucks and that roof structure it's an early model SD of some kind, but AFAIK they all had the curved cab roof as demonstrated below-

SD24.jpg

I'm sure Johnathan will be able to clear it up. :)

Rico, it is a modified Athearn bluebox SD-9.The shorthood is chopped the cab is replaced with a later model unit.

Back