Wpf 12-23/12-29

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
One of my projects this week was to paint some flawed castings I got from Stoney Mountain Classic. The first part are some assorted old cars that will spread out over the back half of the layout and the second part is a junkyard scene that will also be on the back half of the layout, so little details aren't a requirement. The paint used is flat and satin latex house paints. Since they are latex they have a problem sticking to resin so it's necessary to spray on a thin coat of gray primer or Clear Flat first.
The first part, the old car bodies ranging from 1937 to 1951.

Before:
P1010025.jpg

After:
P1010035.jpg

The second part, the old junkyard scene:

Before:
P1010041.jpg

After:
P1010046.jpg

That's all for now.

Wow nice work. I see you are pretty handy with a paint brush Jeff /) /)
-Art

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff, My compliments go out to you! You did a GREAT job on those! :D

DJ, super as always. I must say I really like the lighting.

This one is "Home for the Holidays." Notice the young lady who seems oblivious to the silently drifting sleek monster about to cast its shadow on her. Instead, she is intent upon the poster on the depot wall.

DuplesArrivesFinalcroppedjpgres.png

Consolidations drift past a farm. What sooms like light steam over the lead unit in the pic is actually a product of its smoke unit. Powered by the DCC decoder off a function output.
steampastthefarm.JPG

As always, DJ, Selector, and others.... Awesome!

I have continued to lay new trackage in a small yard area near the Lisk (enamelware) Plant on the SLOW. I am replacing the Atlas turnouts and rail with hand laid (Fast Tracks) for better looks and operation. I also am adding some more tracks that will serve a coal dealer as well as the Lisk Plant.

A week ago I had just started the area. I haven't gotten nearly as much done as I would like. Busy time of year and not much time to spend down cellar..... here is where it was last week:

LiskTracksNew02w.png

Some turnouts have had to be specially made to fit in the space available. This one uses the stock rail from the second turnout (right) to form part of the frog of the other.

LiskTracksNew03w.png

Had a couple hours to spend down there today so here is what it looks like at the moment. I have 4 turnouts in place, and about 11 feet total done:

LiskTracksNew04w.png

Hey Selector, I'm sure this has been asked before but what kind of track to you use? It always looks so good! That has to be some of the best trackwork I have ever seen.

Hey Selector, I'm sure this has been asked before but what kind of track to you use? It always looks so good! That has to be some of the best trackwork I have ever seen.

Crandell, What I'd like to know is how ever does your locomotive pick up power from that track. It's painted over on the top, or am I missing something?

Thanks, fellas. No, not painted, it just reflects the terrain around it. I do agree it seems to be dull in some photos, but in others it clearly shows reflections. There's a pretty bright gleam showing at the bottom edge of this photo:

Mikadowithsmoke2res.png

The track is Atlas Code 100 painted with Poly Scale "Railroad Tie Brown". Where it looks rusty, Floquil "Rust". In my new outdoors diorama, I used Tamiya "Red Brown".

Diorama2ndSantaFeprintclonedres.png

Wow, very nice stuff Gents! (as usual!)
Jeff great job on the derelicts!

Here's a couple shots of the Holiday Special pausing on the mainline.
The plow crew is headed up to snow country once they get the green light.

All the best of the season Everyone! :D

Attachments

• dec 11 034.jpg
    dec 11 034.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 223
Hahaha! I love the show the employees are getting from the naughty elf! Bet Santa wondered why the crew was so excited to see him. :eek:

Back