Wpf 10-5/10-11

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
I found this in a box of grain elevator parts I got from a modeler up north. It looks to me like one of the old Woodland Scenics metal structures. He says he put it together around twenty-five years ago so that would explain why I can't find a reference to it online.

P1011717.jpg

Jeffrey, interesting storefront. Got a place for it on the layout yet?

I have been trying to get the staging on the SLOW finished so I can move onto several other projects needing to get done. I decided I don't like having the blue sky come all the way down to the tracks,

Ballasting03w_zpsf0b09fa7.png

So I added some forest scenery painted on the wall a la the Endless Mountains of the Southern Tier of NYS.

UpperStagingNew03w.png

UpperStagingNew06w.png

UpperStagingNew07w.png

I also added some Bright White LED Strips from Micro Mark to light the Lower Staging. They are way too bright so I am now waiting on a dimmer to use in the area.

I've been working on this little Alco body this week. It's a Tyco C630 shell cut down about 2" and with the nose lowered. I made it to fit on an extra Bachmann GP40 frame I had laying around.

Nice pictures everyone.

I haven't done a ton on my layout but did manage to buy a new loco and pour part of my river. The river may need another pour but I'm leaving it alone for now. I think I'll try to add water effects first and see what it looks like.

Here it is so far. The time of year I model, this river is very low and you can see to the bottom.

NewBachmannAlcors3007.png

NewBachmannAlcors3011.jpg

The loco is a Bachmann RS3 that will be stripped and painted for CNW. Right now it's a long way from home in Southern Minnesota! Maybe I should just add 'Minnesota" under the Southern and call it a day!

NewBachmannAlcors3004.png

NewBachmannAlcors3001.jpg

NewBachmannAlcors3005.jpg

I found this in a box of grain elevator parts I got from a modeler up north. It looks to me like one of the old Woodland Scenics metal structures. He says he put it together around twenty-five years ago so that would explain why I can't find a reference to it online.

P1011717.jpg

Woodland Scenics #785-220 "Daniel's Outfitters"

Here's a BN C30-7 from the 1990s. Literally, I built the model about 1996 and the 7007 is a little older than that. The C30 is a RailPower shell on Athearn drive and the SD40-2 is Athearn.

attachment.php

Back